Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Gee he is quick for a tall ,

Possibly his best asset to make him a potential difficult match up .

Sure he needs to continue to improve, but he has shown more in his 6 games than what Vickery, McBean, Elton and Griffiths had shown at the same stage.

123kid said:
Forget about his height, nobody in the AFL takes big contested pack marks consistently, it’s a myth.

Most importantly he plays like Jack... taps to advantage, good ground work, etc. Exactly what you want from your talls (not being sarcastic)
agree

evo said:
i thought he was bloody good. Gave us plenty.

Champion Data rated his game exactly the same as Jacks.

What do people expect from a 5 game key forward? Tracking nicely, for mine.
Yep. Plucked a couple of contested, kicked a couple, brought the ball to ground, got some serious pace for his size n not scared to take the game on n run some holes in the Crowbaits defensive structure. Nailed the pass mark easily for a young fella.

Best game so far, but he's going to struggle to make it if he can't make himself a semi reliable set shot. He's clearly aware of it, because he doesn't want responsibility when he's going to have time to think before he kicks.

Tigertool said:
Best game so far, but he's going to struggle to make it if he can't make himself a semi reliable set shot. He's clearly aware of it, because he doesn't want responsibility when he's going to have time to think before he kicks.

Basically it all comes down to confidence, imo the mo(o)re he plays the greater his confidence should be. He seems to have improved his kicking somewhat but he's still go a way to go.

kiwitiger said:
Gee he is quick for a tall ,

Possibly his best asset to make him a potential difficult match up .

100% agree. He will cause issues with his pace when playing on talls. When he took the 2 bounces he looked like he was just strolling, but on replay he was very quick.

MB78 said:
100% agree. He will cause issues with his pace when playing on talls. When he took the 2 bounces he looked like he was just strolling, but on replay he was very quick.

Seedsman isn’t slow either. He barely made up ground on Moore.

I reckon he’d be the quickest over 50 at the club, slowly getting his football near his incredible athletic ability, at this point his looking like been a handy foil for Jack in the forward half , long way to go but at 21 his coming along nicely

If was a lovely kick I wonder where he would’ve gone in the draft of 2015.

I thought his kicking was all right last night and he went at 77% DE.

His goal misses haven't been howlers generally from a distance and not missing by a great deal. We'd be berating his poor kicking if he'd missed the curler Dusty missed last night. Cotch and Jack have missed plenty easier too.

. said:
His goal misses haven't been howlers generally from a distance and not missing by a great deal. We'd be berating his poor kicking if he'd missed the curler Dusty missed last night. Cotch and Jack have missed plenty easier too.

It's not just what he missed last night. In general historically he's missed a lot of fairly simple goals. That's an area he needs to improve in. But in perspective he's 21 just played his 6th game of AFL footy, kicked 2 goals, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 5 marks, 2 contested marks, 4 tackles, 38 pressure acts. He looked at home and has a lot of potential improvement in him. Has really stepped it up. Compare all that to Adelaide's superstar Walker and Moore looks like a champion.

tigertim said:

I remember watching his draft video and thinking, how the hell did this guy drop so far, then saw his kicking. Pretty much everything else in his game is somewhere between good and elite and he has worked a lot on his kicking, which is not great but not as bad as some make out. If he could kick beautifully he would have gone top 10 in the draft.

tigertim said:

it's his set shots that are the issue.

His set shot kicking isn't his strength I understand that, but I've just watched the replay and he kicked 2.2 last night. The 2 behinds were a set shot from the boundary line, maybe 40 out and a snap with about 6 minutes left of the last, he should have kicked it but that's not an issue with his set shots. Could have been one of the best goals of the game, the handball movement we had for that shot at goal was immense.

Yes, such a pity he missed that shot; that passage of play would have been a work of art.