Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
leon said:
Yes, such a pity he missed that shot; that passage of play would have been a work of art.
Agree. They would have been playing that highlight for a long time.

A good example of our F50 efficiency (or lack thereof). I thought that it was one handball too many. I think it was Jack that passed it to Moore. Probably should have just kicked it himself. Sometimes we try too hard to do the "team thing".

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Totally agree. It's poor practice, has become a a bad habit ... and one day there'll be a close game where it will cost us dearly. Need to sharpen up for finals. All other coaches are studying us for weaknesses. Already know they will have the benefit of an extra man on the field most games ... wearing lime green.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I thought that Seymour played by far his best game on Friday night.

His urgency was well up on anything I’d ever seen from him. Naturally he will tire given the extra effort. But he pushed his limits tank wise.

And at last he played in front and held front position - beating Talia in an aerial contest.

Seymour’s long kicking will always be a weakness but he’s improved all the others and he’ll get that one right eventually. Plays the rest of the season onin the ones on that performance. At last he plays like he thinks he belongs. Confidence growing.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
leon said:
Totally agree. It's poor practice, has become a a bad habit ... and one day there'll be a close game where it will cost us dearly. Need to sharpen up for finals. All other coaches are studying us for weaknesses. Already know they will have the benefit of an extra man on the field most games ... wearing lime green.
Moggies managed to win three flags while oversharing ( Moons n Stevie J the architects ) in the forward half n lost one by not sharing when they should've. I won't be complaining if we can achieve similar.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dyer'ere said:
I thought that Seymour played by far his best game on Friday night.

His urgency was well up on anything I’d ever seen from him. Naturally he will tire given the extra effort. But he pushed his limits tank wise.

And at last he played in front and held front position - beating Talia in an aerial contest.

Seymour’s long kicking will always be a weakness but he’s improved all the others and he’ll get that one right eventually. Plays the rest of the season onin the ones on that performance. At last he plays like he thinks he belongs. Confidence growing.

I was sitting just back from the fence (normally never that close, prefer to stand or sit on second level) and his early work in hitting the contest at speed was great - and he has nice hands on the ground ball. His speed and agility for his size are elite, he really is an athletic freak. It would be crazy not to continue to select him, he appears to have so much upside and slots into our setup well. Obviously his kicking is shonky but that can improve. If he could learn a couple of tricks from Jack he becomes a real weapon.

Reckon Towner is gonna struggle to get back in if seymour can produce that effort each week.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
MD Jazz said:
I was sitting just back from the fence (normally never that close, prefer to stand or sit on second level) and his early work in hitting the contest at speed was great - and he has nice hands on the ground ball. His speed and agility for his size are elite, he really is an athletic freak. It would be crazy not to continue to select him, he appears to have so much upside and slots into our setup well. Obviously his kicking is shonky but that can improve. If he could learn a couple of tricks from Jack he becomes a real weapon.

Reckon Towner is gonna struggle to get back in if seymour can produce that effort each week.

Agree, thought he played his role very well. Does need to be careful not to fall into the Vickery trap - getting in Jack R's path. A couple of times he brought his man to the contest when would have been much better off taking his man to another area where he is a viable option. Most defenders gravitate to Riewoldt as he is such a dominant player and this should present excellent opportunity for a player with Moore's capabilities to really shine. He looked more comfortable on Friday night than previous, good signs.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i get the feeling Jack R is not exactly embracing C Moore's prescence in the forward line

i think Jack is a great footballer, but I think he enjoys being the only good tall

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
TigerMasochist said:
Moggies managed to win three flags while oversharing ( Moons n Stevie J the architects ) in the forward half n lost one by not sharing when they should've. I won't be complaining if we can achieve similar.

I would take that too, TM, but finals can be very tight games. The over-sharing is one part of it, but just missing fairly easy shots on goal sometimes by attempting unnecessary banana kicks, does my head in. Some of the misses and stuff-ups from missed HBs or passes were pretty average. The extra percentage can also come in handy too.

I thought we should have put Crows away by half-time, not let them back in to be behind by 16pts at 3/4 time. Should have doubled the winning margin overall. It just bugs me.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Ice said:
i get the feeling Jack R is not exactly embracing C Moore's prescence in the forward line

i think Jack is a great footballer, but I think he enjoys being the only good tall

He needs to get used to it, if so. Anyway, not certain this is the case. JR loves to celebrate other team-mates' goals and mostly is a real team player now. But we need to transition other KFs into the team going forward, and not to rely totally on him for obvious reasons.

However, I see CMoore as having the potential to develop into that lead-up style forward like the Crows' Lynch, with his speed, running power, high leap and marking. He is quite a reasonable field kick and can roost it long. Would allow JR8 to lurk deeper more often and more one on one.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ice said:

Maybe the old Jack might think that way but not the new one, he is the Oracle and teacher from where all wisdom comes. He is thriving in his leadership role and making those around him better.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ice said:

I think Jack is loving it. Once they get their patterns sorted out a dangerous C Moore will help Jack's game, not hinder it.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
have a close look at how jack celebrated Cal's goals on the weekend

compare that to how he celebrates Shai's goals this coming weekend

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Ice said:
have a close look at how jack celebrated Cal's goals on the weekend

compare that to how he celebrates Shai's goals this coming weekend

Nothing like amateur psychology.

Jack has talked up Moore multiple times in the media this year on 360.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
St Kevin said:
Nothing like amateur psychology.

Jack has talked up Moore multiple times in the media this year on 360.

glad to hear it, just his body language on Friday night was quite cool toward Cal - would have thought he would have "got around him" more positively

do actions speak louder than words?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Hard to tell them apart at the ground (other than when Jack is elevated 3 meters above ground level).

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
leon said:
I would take that too, TM, but finals can be very tight games. The over-sharing is one part of it, but just missing fairly easy shots on goal sometimes by attempting unnecessary banana kicks, does my head in. Some of the misses and stuff-ups from missed HBs or passes were pretty average. The extra percentage can also come in handy too.

I thought we should have put Crows away by half-time, not let them back in to be behind by 16pts at 3/4 time. Should have doubled the winning margin overall. It just bugs me.
Reckon ya might just need to kick back n enjoy the ride for what it is leon. We're far from the fanciest n prettiest or conventional side running around out there. We simply batter opponents into submission with an unrelenting kamikaze blitz of repeat efforts n good luck to any bastard that thinks they can keep up with us.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
5 kicks 2 marks and 1 behind v GWS.
Just not good enough finding it hard to become involved or provide pressure in the forward line. Do we go back to Towner?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
UKTiger said:
I said last week he is not yet AFL ready and sadly, tonight proved me right

He's not finals ready and there's only one way to reach that and that's by playing him. Towner's not burning it at VFL so give Moore more experience until Mr September is ready to enter stage left.