Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Captain. Next year.

Pick 14 and Coleman-Jones. LOL.

Exactly what I was thinking. I can definitely see Taranto as our next captain.

He was immense today. He's been very good all year, but that was clearly the best 1 he's played today. 10 coaches votes and 3 Brownlow votes incoming.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Exactly what I was thinking. I can definitely see Taranto as our next captain.

He was immense today. He's been very good all year, but that was clearly the best 1 he's played today. 10 coaches votes and 3 Brownlow votes incoming.
Take it if he wants it. Look at that red in the face. Determination.

1685263285924.png

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
That’s a midfielder to build the future around. At the end of the day, we only need more decent forwards plus a couple of quick outside wingers/midfielders who can use the ball by foot.

Reactions: 9 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It's been a bargain. We may have gotten a little greedy with Hopper in hindsight.
I have mostly thought we went after both, hoping to land one, then got a shock that both said yes. It would then have been a bad look to knock back Hopper.
On a hiding to nothing then, having to find the collateral to trade for Hop.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I have mostly thought we went after both, hoping to land one, then got a shock that both said yes. It would then have been a bad look to knock back Hopper.
On a hiding to nothing then, having to find the collateral to trade for Hop.

My mind may be playing tricks, but didn't we only get a yes from Hopper after the talks between he and Geelong fell over?

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
My mind may be playing tricks, but didn't we only get a yes from Hopper after the talks between he and Geelong fell over?
Not sure, I know Dustin gave him the tour of Punt Road, and Dangerfield showed him around the cattery. That did Geelong no favours.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
That’s a midfielder to build the future around. At the end of the day, we only need more decent forwards plus a couple of quick outside wingers/midfielders who can use the ball by foot.
So this. We have our king pin, our strike mid. It’s super hard finding your best mid. We have ours.

Hopper should be the second banana.

Now we build around. Pure mids, not kids who show glimpses ( RCD, Dow or Ellis) but pure mids.

Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
So this. We have our king pin, our strike mid. It’s super hard finding your best mid. We have ours.

Hopper should be the second banana.

Now we build around. Pure mids, not kids who show glimpses ( RCD, Dow or Ellis) but pure mids.
Add Sonsie as the third wheel to that midfield group with a sprinkling of Bolton.

Draft another one or two this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We are at least four B+ mids short. Prestia is looking cooked.
Prestia is sooking he isn't top dog anymore some of his efforts were disgraceful.
Refuses to chase and looks like he spends too much time in cafes on Swan Street

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
True professional isn’t he.

How on earth has what he has produced this season drawn any criticism
There's only be one "expert" criticise him?

The beauty is every week Kornes is made to look sillier and sillier. I hope he is constantly reminded of his comments on TT.

Reactions: 2 users