Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

I wanted Cerra and T. Green. Instead we got T.T and Hopper. 7 years each. Who made this decision?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Richard tambling never played as horrid as taranto did tioday.
Taranto was pathetic.
His kicking was probably the worst ive ever seen

No player is worth 2 first round picks if you can’t it a target and cough the ball up.

Reactions: 2 users
Seems to be escaping criticism today.

Reigning b&f will do that.

But he was probably worst on ground today. He, Dow, Hopper attended the most centre bounces and as a threesome, were singularly responsible for that margin. No other line could do anything to abate the uncontested, quality, running clearances coming out of the middle.

Dow a significant culprit. Hopper not a AFL quality athlete, though tried to will himself in in the second half. Taranto diabolical. Pushed aside easily, and got a couple of quality goal assists for GC. Ball use horrendous, no defensive pressure, and very little attacking benefit.
This why GWS had pushed Taranto forward in 2022?

Reactions: 1 users
That 20 seconds he held the ball for at the last 30 seconds of the third when we were trying to bring ourselves within 20pts at 3QT killed me.

He has no precision kick. He was always going to bomb it. Why he chose to waste time before bombing it is beyond me.

Last edited:
Tarranto isn't a true midfielder.
Tarranto is a running machine, he isn't super strong but his fitness gets him to contests.
He is our version of Sidebottom.
Winger/,half forward

The problem with Hopper he loves going to ground. Always on his knees

Tarranto isn't a true midfielder.
Tarranto is a running machine, he isn't super strong but his fitness gets him to contests.
He is our version of Sidebottom.
Winger/,half forward

The problem with Hopper he loves going to ground. Always on his knees
Nothing like Sidebottom, can’t kick on either foot like him, can’t weave like him in traffic. He is a bull on the inside, anything on the outside is a bonus.

Taranto has played 138 games. The last time he had less than 15 possessions was his 69th, nice.

Gets a mulligan for not winning the ball. Gets a roasting for not giving a yelp defensively.

Big week for him, I’m looking for a huge effort. Go to Cripps, batter him.

Reactions: 9 users
Nothing like Sidebottom, can’t kick on either foot like him, can’t weave like him in traffic. He is a bull on the inside, anything on the outside is a bonus.

Taranto has played 138 games. The last time he had less than 15 possessions was his 69th, nice.

Gets a mulligan for not winning the ball. Gets a roasting for not giving a yelp defensively.

Big week for him, I’m looking for a huge effort. Go to Cripps, batter him.
He is not on his own here. Out entire midfield will have the blowtorch on them come Thursday night.

Taranto is a get-ball-hack-kick-ball merchant. This is what he did all last year and Richmond people raved about him (mostly coz they just looked at the possessions stat). Kane Cornes to his credit was the one guy who stood firm on saying Taranto is nothing more than a solid b-grade midfielder for whom the Tigers have paid massive overs. I couldn't see the attraction in TT all last year and certainly don't after Round O.

we sold the farm for Taranto and Hopper.

I thought it was a great idea at the time.

it didn't work.

I'd be buying the farm back.

firesale for draft picks.

take the hit and turn them into a CHF

Cannot believe the reaction to one poor game. And ultimately one poor half.

The guy has been fantastic for the club. All of a sudden it's been a disastrous recruitment and set us back years?

Expect a lot of backtracking here next week.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Cannot believe the reaction to one poor game. And ultimately one poor half.

The guy has been fantastic for the club. All of a sudden it's been a disastrous recruitment and set us back years?

Expect a lot of backtracking here next week.
Yeah there's a fair few households with no toys in the cot this week.