Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Good on George for stepping up the last couple of weeks, after rightfully being on notice.
As well as kicking a couple of good goals, he was very good up the ground against the Dockers.

There is dead set an Anti Richmond agenda now there is nothing surer.

Stack and Ross and Bolton no RS noms, now this and no mention of our crazy injury list.

The RFC is the fire that the media and the AFL seemingly do not want to give any oxygen too ...maybe they are scared.

rokkafella said:
How the *smile* does he not get goal of the week?! Laughable
WTF? Was a brilliantly worked goal, guess some flog in a suit must have got excited over a blind snap over the shoulder from five metres out that somehow bobbled through.

craig said:
There is dead set an Anti Richmond agenda now there is nothing surer.

Stack and Ross and Bolton no RS noms, now this and no mention of our crazy injury list.

The RFC is the fire that the media and the AFL seemingly do not want to give any oxygen too ...maybe they are scared.

I think they just know our fans don't need the validation right now because we're good enough to get by without it.

They way I see it, the media's job is to grow the game by working the fans to keep watching. When clubs are crap, they need to see talking heads agreeing how good their kids are so they have hope for the future, etc. It's all *smile*.

Ablett's goal was nice, but a routine small forward goal. Angle wasn't that acute, he received a handball and kicked the goal along the ground from 10 metres. Big *smile* woop.

Have a read and it might change your mind about Jason, for those doubters.

In particular the pre season injury.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-05-15/coaches-corner-jason-castagna

graystar1 said:

It's fair enough, he is still quite young but there are still glaring weaknesses he needs to improve including his set shot kicking and his playing level consistency from week to week. I am sure he's fully aware of all this and working his butt off to improve those areas.

graystar1 said:

I am one of the many people that can't even do 1 chin up and i only weigh 57kg, that Georgie can perform three with his 81kg and then strapping on an an extra 50kg is pretty bloody impressive.

caesar said:
I am one of the many people that can't even do 1 chin up and i only weigh 57kg, that Georgie can perform three with his 81kg and then strapping on an an extra 50kg is pretty bloody impressive.

Yup, no wonder he's such a brilliant tackler. In my view he has multiple strengths and just one weakness. If he could average 30+ goals/season, with his defensive skills he should be the first or second forward picked.

caesar said:
How do you control the thoroughbreds if you cant do 1 chin up?

caesar said:

That's impressive. Pound for pound the strongest at the club

caesar said:
Look like 4 to me.

caesar said:

Caesar your problem is centre of gravity. You've got 17kg in your trousers that needs to be redistributed! :hihi