Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

How the *smile* wasnt that goal of the week.
It should’ve gone close to GOFY..
Massive Richmond haters out there

caesar said:
I am one of the many people that can't even do 1 chin up and i only weigh 57kg, that Georgie can perform three with his 81kg and then strapping on an an extra 50kg is pretty bloody impressive.
No that impressive, some of us pretty much carry around an extra 50 kegs everyday

zippadeee said:
How the wasnt that goal of the week.
It should’ve gone close to GOFY..
Massive Richmond haters out there
If it’s anything like the RS nominations then some of the people making the decisions didn’t even bother watching our game.

CarnTheTiges said:
If it’s anything like the RS nominations then some of the people making the decisions didn’t even bother watching our game.

It was a Sunday 5pm game

Remember as a reserves player George was tried in the backline? Disposal was an issue. Then in the midfield, where he'd rack up 30 plus disposals but disposal was an issue...
Be interesting to see hin in the midfield these days with all our injuries but still more versatile players for rotations.

With Flossy back we have Astbury/Broad/Grimes/Garth/Stack and Houli...with Edwards possibly getting released back to midfield/ roatations.
And to roate forward/midfield we have Higgins/Rioli/Bolton/Lambert/Caddy/Baker/Martin.
Wouldn't mind seeing George in the midfield just to see what he could produce. Having said that, he is pretty valuable forward atm... but we have enough rotations to have a look at it in short bursts.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Think it's decided on public votes. And it looks as though he did win Goal of the Week.

https://goaloftheyear.afl/vote/round

Yep, the first time I've ever voted for anything on the AFL website.

His goal was clearly the best from last week & imo is definitely the GOTY so far

Where was George today? Hardly ever sighted
Would drop him got Rioli for dream time game

May be in trouble with Dan back and butler pushing.

Think 2 of of Shai/George/menadue will be dropped for Rioli and Butler

Not a great game for George today, but Baker and Bolton also didnt exactly have great games either.

Someone will be going out next week for Rioli, I doubt it will be George though, likely will be either Menadue, Bolton or Baker.

Hawks not a good team for george as they like the chip chip stuff. Hard for george to hunt their defenders. The bombers on the other hand like to run it out of defense - perfect for george.

craig said:
Not a great for George today, but Baker and Bolton also didnt exactly have great games either.

Someone will be going out next week for Rioli, I doubt it will be George though, likely will be either Menadue, Bolton or Baker.

Menadue. We'd be silly to drop Bolton for Dreamtime.

George cannot keep playing and having stats like he did yesterday despite his pressure acts.
He needs to get back to the Ressies and get some leather poisoning.
Good to see him kick a set shot through the big sticks for a change .

bringbakflemmo said:
George cannot keep playing and having stats like he did yesterday despite his pressure acts.
He needs to get back to the Ressies and get some leather poisoning.
Good to see him kick a set shot through the big sticks for a change .

Thing is he wasn't even good with his pressure yesterday. Just 2 tackles and 24 pressure acts. Exactly the same as Lynch. Admittedly the other small forwards weren't prolific in that area due to Hawks game style but at least these others can influence in other areas. Baker for example will kick the clutch goals when they present and took some ripper marks in the 2nd half. Bolton had some great contested ball wins and is unpredictable making him very dangerous. Rioli despite not having a great season can do everything Castagna can pressure wise but is also a clever player and can make something happen out of nothing. And Higgins despite his young age is very clever and makes the most of his opportunities and can still influence a game even if he's having a quiet one. Castagna had two quarters of 1 disposal, zero contested possessions, zero goal assists, just 3 acore involvements and one goal which was given on a platter and could have been raffled amongst 3 Tiger players. If his pressure game is taken away from him what do you actually have left?

I love the competition for spots. It wasn't that long ago that we couldn't find players of quality to take on that role, now we have a plethora of them, even after offloading Lloyd and Stengle. It's a great position to be in. No blight on Castagna, in another team he's probably easy top 22. At the Tigers I think he's much lower int he pecking order due to the depth we have in that area.