Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

23 goals 20 behinds from @ 53% from JC, still room for improvement.

If I'm going to be picky and it is because he's been pretty good it's that he doesn't seem to get on the scoreboard much against good opposition. He's only scored 6 goals against other top 8 sides this year. And against the top 5 sides (the only ones with realsitic chance of winning GF) it's just 2 (4 games). Against the bottom 3 he's kicked 10 (4 games). Take away the bottom 3 sides and he's kick 13 goals 15 behinds, not great.

Reactions: 2 users
At the time it looked as if he rushed the kick, George has been good this year because he has focused on the process and it has been successful for him.

Just needed to slow it down and focus on the process.

He almost played on immediately to take a snap (and could have been called to as well) - but the umpire brought him back to take his set shot.
At that point he should have taken his allotted time - walked back - lined up straight and kicked the conventional (sensible) way for such a relatively slight angle.

Reactions: 1 user
He just looked so casual when he kicked it - it was like a player having a lazy kick on the ground 1 hour before the game.

What I did notice when at the game was he was being pulled back & held to keep him engaging in the contest or slightly delay him running in. Basically nullify his influence. Especially in stopages in the fwd line. Didnt see free kicks given for that. Thought that was frustrating.

He wasnt the only one being held. West Coke got away with a lot in that area imo

Everybody gets away with that, Holding the Man is a zombie rule - murdered by the powers that be but according to the rule book still up and about.

DS

Everybody gets away with that, Holding the Man is a zombie rule - murdered by the powers that be but according to the rule book still up and about.

DS
true that but it affectted him I thought that instinct bolt he has. first couple of metres
Opps also meant 'keep him "from" engaging..'

also on another note I hope the club drill into him the drop punt when in front of goals.

true that but it affected him I thought that instinct bolt he has. first couple of metres
Opps also meant 'keep him "from" engaging..'

also on another note I hope the club drill into him the drop punt when in front of goals.

I agree it affected him, drives me batty the way players not in possession are held all the time these days.

DS

I agree it affected him, drives me batty the way players not in possession are held all the time these days.

DS
Ditto, the dills would only need to penalise a couple early and it would stop.

Every time he lines up for goal now, i'm just wishing he records some kind score.

Really hurt us today with his decision making and skills.

We could have been 8 goals up in the first quarter.

I've never disliked such an important Richmond footballer more. Hopefully that's his last game like that for the year.

That's hilarious, but true unfortunately. It is a good thing his forward pressure is invaluable. Definitely stays in the side.

DS
Didn’t lay a tackle in our forward 50 today. If you’re dropping chest marks and kicking it on the full from 30m out 45 degree angle you’ve gotta nail your one wood.

I know his value but geez he’s frustrating.

Wanted to strangle him today, but I also want to strangle him every other week.

Never known a player with sub standard skills and poor awareness to be so important to his side.

But that's George, geez he's a momentum killer at key times seriously does my head in at times.

Between him, Bolton and Ellis and Short I was expecting Hardwick to jump out of the Grandstand window today.

Wanted to strangle him today, but I also want to strangle him every other week.

Never known a player with sub standard skills and poor awareness to be so important to his side.

But that's George, geez he's a momentum killer at key times seriously does my head in at times.

Between him, Bolton and Ellis and Short I was expecting Hardwick to jump out of the Grandstand window today.
I don't care if he's important for team balance, I'd be quite happy to see someone with some skills and a footy brain in the team instead. We have two or three guys who just bring the overall performance level down so far.

Reactions: 1 users
He has more composure than our cricket team!

As frustrating as he is still an important player. Just wish he would slow down his decision making slightly. For example that simple dropped mark was because he had already spent the pill.