Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Just a thought. What about moving Georgie to the (Ellis?)wing vacancy and away from the goals. I reckon he would be great.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Still in our bottom 2 to 3 to me. A momentum killer. Plenty in the seconds hopefully will challenge his spot next year. Life member 2 time premiership player so always in our gratitude

Momentum killer? Are you serious?
Open your eyes. His run yesterday was half the reason we broke the Giants in half.

Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just a thought. What about moving Georgie to the (Ellis?)wing vacancy and away from the goals. I reckon he would be great.

Exactly what i mentioned after the game achilles.

Relieve the pressure off Georgie boy. You can clearly see he was so frustrated, Burnt Lynch at one stage in the last but made up for it with a pass minutes later.

Wing/ midfield could be his go.

We have Rioli, Shai as our small forwards.

We get Stack back next year, Pickett showed he can play as a midfielder, Graham back, who can all rotate through those roles between mid/forward.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think that was the granny George would cost us with his kicking, 5 behinds definitely cost us a 100 point victory, I’ve never loved a player as much as Georgie frustrates me in the same passage of play

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Thing that has stood out in last few games is he has been absolutely told to back his pace at any opportunity. We are going to be seeing a lot of George in 2020.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
castagna will be in the top 10 of the B & F.
he plays the Richmond way. crazy but very effective

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Classic Captain Chaos game.
Would be a nightmare to play on.
As I said to my mate what chance does the opposition have when his own teammates don't know what he is going to do?
Plays on when he shouldn't, doesn't play on when he should, veers left, veers right, chases, tackles, harasses.
A nightmare.
Apart from kicking, a great game Captain Chaos!
He pretty much has gone past our entire mosquito fleet.
Was last on the list, now first.
He's got everyone covered.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Thing that has stood out in last few games is he has been absolutely told to back his pace at any opportunity. We are going to be seeing a lot of George in 2020.

His pace was electric. They couldn't catch him, sometimes grabbed a handful of jumper but he just accelerated away.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
In 2017 I thought his kicking would cost us a final so I'm glad he chose this Grannie to get it out of the way. That was the best wasteful game you'll ever see.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
In 2017 I thought his kicking would cost us a final so I'm glad he chose this Grannie to get it out of the way. That was the best wasteful game you'll ever see.

amazing play to create the shots, mostly a very high degree of difficulty, you'd call 2 of them sodas? Loved watching him, every time he got that ball was fantastic.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Read that 5 behinds is the outright 2nd most kicked ever in a grand final by a player. Worst was 7.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
That was Arnold Breidis at North from memory...I played with him in the under 17's at the Carlton Colts...he was a ripper. Georgie is better of course :)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
As I said to my mate what chance does the opposition have when his own teammates don't know what he is going to do?
Plays on when he shouldn't, doesn't play on when he should, veers left, veers right, chases, tackles, harasses.
A nightmare.

Pretty good mark he took too hey?

Would have been perfect out of all the misses he nails that one from Pickett.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Read that 5 behinds is the outright 2nd most kicked ever in a grand final by a player. Worst was 7.

He would have the world record if he kept having a ping. Someone must have told him to quit it. The gws fullback's leg would have dropped off from the amount of kickins he would have had.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A nightmare.

Yep, love the way he plays, as you say, would be so hard to match up.

But he really does need to be taught to kick better. I remember he kicked a long goal at Chernobyl earlier this year so he is capable. Technique and confidence would be a help.

An essential part of our team, his kicking problems are more than compensated for by the opportunities he creates.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
If I remember correctly, at the most crucial stage of the prelim it was Castagna’s accurate goal kicking that saved us.

He can miss his next 20 shots and it’ll be fine with me.

Delivered when we needed him most, and then he almost tore apart a Grand Final.

I’m looking forward to seeing him improve again next year

Reactions: 9 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
27.28 (49%) for the season. When he gets that accuracy up to 60+% he,ll be elite.