Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Fair enough
I always thought Brando leaving was a win-win coz it gave us the chance to blood one of the draft picks but it hasn’t really paid off at this stage
Likewise we should have been able to progress without Butler
Similarly in an ideal world KMac would have struggled to stay best 22
In all cases though we need some of those younger blokes to take their chances to become long term players

Yes, I still have hopes that Turner, Naish and Stack can become effective wingmen/outside running mids for us in future.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think that would be the case, the timeline just doesn't fit.

If guys hadn't done the work in the break we may have loaded them up on return but that would be well and truly finished.

To have started a higher load program in the last week or two also seems unlikely because it is much too early to be trying to peaking for finals and it would be madness to go high when there's talk of games compressing.
That's what I meant, on return. We were clearly lacking run against Hawthorn, and to a lesser extent St Kilda.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
His new tattoo.

For you Zipps.

Attachments

• 040E076F-2796-4E89-B9D2-9857B6FB2DAB.jpeg
    040E076F-2796-4E89-B9D2-9857B6FB2DAB.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
14 disposals 9 turnovers, if anyone knows how to play a bad game properly surely Castagna is up there with the best

• Wow

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hasn’t been good messy George this season, been bad fumble messy George, he’ll be back, the 3 headed monster that is our small forward pressure just don’t appear to be clicking at this point

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Would be top 5 in the most disappointing player stakes.

He started the year off nicely with 3 goals.
The running goal from 40 on the angle, was superb.
He isn't getting his hands on his opponents, he feeds off tackling.
It must kill him that he never gets holding the man or too high free kicks.
He just needs one good game and he will be back to the George we all love.
The Pressure Machine

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
George is playing exactly the same way he always has.

It's not his fault people were comparing him to Richo in the offseason.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
If teams are flooding our forward line you need players who are one touch, have good skills and good decision making. Common sense says Castgna should make room for a Stack type.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The fact 2 of our players who cant get into it or near it is half of the sides problem.

George and Dan are keys to the way we play yet neither are tuned up and running.

Throw in Dusty, Jack, Lambo's horror first month back and even Dion, Sheds, Stackie, Graham, Marlion and Bashas ordinary form we are lucky to even be amongst it tbh.

Melbourne and Sydney couldnt have come at a better time for the Tigers had we lost the last 2 weeks to teams running hot we'd be just about ready to wind it all up.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If teams are flooding our forward line you need players who are one touch, have good skills and good decision making. Common sense says Castgna should make room for a Stack type.

Stack has been atrocious.
Just watch the hawthorn game.
Stack might be gone at years end.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I liked the role he played today. Wing. Used his paced and endurance. Good game

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I wish he had any skill at all. He'd be an A-grader if he just had the skills of an auskicker.