Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Me too but he is horribly out of form. Really hopes he picks up quick .... we need him!

I think he is missing Butler.
Each made up for the others shortcomings. They seemed to complement each other.

Me too but he is horribly out of form. Really hopes he picks up quick .... we need him!

I think he is missing Butler.
Each made up for the others shortcomings. They seemed to complement each other.
I have thought the same myself. He was definitely a better player it seems with Butts around; best mates who shared a house too. But he has become a handicap to our game now.

Reactions: 1 user
He's been asked to play all over the ground.

Watched George closely last night - he's all at sea. doesn't know whether to go left or right, he's fumbling, not releasing the ball when tackled, jumping into opponents. It's like his brain has malfunctioned.

Dimma is asking too much playing him in the midfield, wing and defence. He needs to keep it simple and restrict him to our fwd 50. He plays his best footy where it's tight and he can chase and harass running backs. KISS. Otherwise he's a liability to the team.

Agreed. Ed (less) lacks footy IQ. See ball, get ball, kicks and handballs usually end up within metres of his target, most times. Brain fades too costly elsewhere. Banana kicks from dead in front and didn’t make the distance from 30 metres gives the ball straightback to the opposition. He needs to find some form.

How about stack?
You can't select a bloke that tries to run on his knees

What about Rioli?
A half forward that goes MIA in games

At least castagna makes you laugh

George kicking for goal used to make me laugh
Now it’s agony and depressing for him and us

When in form George is best 22 no question. But not atm. Could George actually play worse and still retain his spot? Is there no-one worth promoting?

I have thought the same myself. He was definitely a better player it seems with Butts around; best mates who shared a house too. But he has become a handicap to our game now.
I don't buy the missing Butler angle because he played well last year when Butts was not in the team for most of the year. Something else is causing his poor performances and brain fades.

Reactions: 2 users
Giving us nothing at all not even his pressure and tackling needs to lift no excuse.

I don't buy the missing Butler angle because he played well last year when Butts was not in the team for most of the year. Something else is causing his poor performances and brain fades.

100% nothing to do with it now
Don't know what it is - but the Butler thing Is a furphy for sure

Agreed. Ed (less) lacks footy IQ. See ball, get ball, kicks and handballs usually end up within metres of his target, most times. Brain fades too costly elsewhere. Banana kicks from dead in front and didn’t make the distance from 30 metres gives the ball straightback to the opposition. He needs to find some form.

Begs the question then how did he ever get to play a game of AFL footy let alone for the premiership team?

Begs the question then how did he ever get to play a game of AFL footy let alone for the premiership team?

photos.
Apologies for the flippant Reply.
History shows plenty of very talented players never tasted the ultimate success.
Many lesser lights have been in the right team, time and place. And played their roles.
Do you agree or disagree with what I posted?

Last edited:
When in form George is best 22 no question. But not atm. Could George actually play worse and still retain his spot? Is there no-one worth promoting?

No other small forwards with pace to put in.

Markov would've been worth a go in that role with his speed or Baker and Bolton moving through there.

Been gifted too many games has George through a lack of pressure on his spot.

Higgins is too slow for the pressure forward role and there isn't really anyone else left.

Aartsy was the last in line and he's played 8-9 games straight now.

That tells the story.

Aside from the horror year from Rioli and George the forward line is missing Shai's pace and creativity also as he spent most of his time there last year, the loss of Prestia and Edwards has had the knock on effect.

Stack having a mare of a year has also hurt in this area.

The shithouse form of this group of players as a whole apart from Shai has played a big part in helping to bring the Tigers back to the pack this year and has made the Tigers much more gettable as we are no longer playing Richmond footy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users