Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Agree in general. He does have a low footy IQ which is why he just needs to keep his game simple. Choose the first option. To me his value in the team is using his pace to harass and pressure, run hard, get behind the opponent when the opportunity arises. If he's not doing that his spot is in jeopardy. Personally I think as a team we've struggled a bit with that quality small forward player. Would love to have 2 Bakers in the side.
This. George is a one trick pony and a very effective and valuable trick in our 2 flags. But it does my head in seeing him in the backline and midfield trying to create and be part of our possession chain. For me it's pressure forward only or out of the team. Thought I'd give him some time to adjust to this new role but he just has no idea.

I’ll stick up for Castanga. He adds something in our forward line no one else on our list can. We need him as a full time small forward to help get our manic pressure goal scrounging game back.

I’ll stick up for Castanga. He adds something in our forward line no one else on our list can. We need him as a full time small forward to help get our manic pressure goal scrounging game back.

Yeah, but is he providing that manic pressure at the moment? Hard to tell on TV but he looks like he isn't playing the role applying manic pressure in the forward line at the moment. Would love to see him do better but at the moment I don't think he is contributing enough.

DS

In the first half I thought Georgie was finding the footy a lot better, however it just like he was having one of those games where everything turned to *smile*, in the second half I thought he looked more like carm an composed Castagna .team definitely played like manic pressure Castagna , better signs

Reactions: 1 user
Thought he was pretty poor again. Got more of it but just 8 effective disposals, 50% efficiency, and I remember a couple being very poor handballs at the feet of a team mate. 5 turnovers. Still was better than his previous few games.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeh, as a fan it was better than the previous 2 weeks but not saying much. He stuffed up a Jack mark, led to spots where he never kicks goals from and generally had little influence. He's way out of form. His spot is in jeopardy if everyone available.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeh, as a fan it was better than the previous 2 weeks but not saying much. He stuffed up a Jack mark, led to spots where he never kicks goals from and generally had little influence. He's way out of form. His spot is in jeopardy if everyone available.

That's the frustration - why does he lead to the right hand side of goal?
After that attempted banana a few weeks ago it looks like he is resigned to missing no matter what sort of kick he tries
He should only ever lead to the other side whether he’s acting as a proper target or just a decoy

He is capable of much better but jeez it’s gotta be produced soon or else

Better, but his body of work this year is not up to his work in premiership years 17 and 19. (Ditto Rioli). And we are now a better team with better options.