Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Move back to the backline & do a Rioli .
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Could you imagine the turn overs coming out of the backline?
Kicking it straight to the opposition or out of bounds.
I'll have no hair left by round 10

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He is what we used to call fringe players in junior country footy. A scrubber. I honestly doubt he would get a game (best 22 North included) with any other team in the comp.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Could you imagine the turn overs coming out of the backline?
Kicking it straight to the opposition or out of bounds.
I'll have no hair left by round 10
You're just cut you didn't think of the joke first.

Reactions: 1 user
Move back to the backline & do a Rioli .
There was a time when I watched a lot of VFL footy and before Castagna became a 1st team regular he played half back in the VFL.
Anybody like me who saw him at that time would have the same response to this …..no !!!

actually had not that bad of a game, although against the worst team in the league it's hard to judge.

Got hands on the ball, could have kicked a bag but poor decision making and disposal.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it just me or is the set shot kicking not too bad now?
It’s all relative and it depends on whether you’re comparing George’s set shot kicking now with George’s set shot kicking back then
- OR -
if you’re comparing George’s set shot kicking now with the set shot kicking of one of those international cricketers or soccer players or actors that sometimes show up at a club for a publicity stunt and then they’re handed a jumper and footy for the first time in their life and then expected to kick it in front of the TV news cameras.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Is it just me or is the set shot kicking not too bad now?
When he goes back n performs the old fashioned straight forward set shot routine Georgie's surprisingly reliable. When it's round the corner, play on or general play his goal kicking is close the eyes n pray.

When he goes back n performs the old fashioned straight forward set shot routine Georgie's surprisingly reliable. When it's round the corner, play on or general play his goal kicking is close the eyes n pray.
Used to be the opposite. He had this weird round the corner routine where it seemed he couldn't miss but in typical George style he eventually stuffed his routine all up. Has had real problems in the past kicking straight set shots but been better lately. Did shank one though that missed everything.