Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Too hard for some to simply say he played bloody well. Imagine the write-ups for Stack if he played as well as George last night.

Still (rightly) has his name in permanent marker on the team sheet.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
People criticise George for having a poor footy brain but one thing he understands as well as anyone ever is that effort is non-negotiable.

Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Too hard for some to simply say he played bloody well. Imagine the write-ups for Stack if he played as well as George last night.

Decent game. At the height of his powers against “staunch” opposition.
I doubt anyone is saying Stack played as well as George, but getting match touch/fitness at afl level and fitting back in to his role (or roles) he offers more imo.
A hybrid of the two, we’d have a real player

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
George not going anywhere. Nobody is saying he has poise, but we need what he brings: power, oomph, pace, strength, hard work.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

If one doesn't think he played that well then it's their right to say so. Not too hard to say he played well when he does. I don't think he played exceptionally well for a team that won by over 100 points. Only 8 efficient disposals. 42% disposal efficiency, 7 turnovers, a couple of shocking shots at goal, low pressure acts by his standards, actually fairly average score involvements. Yes contributed to 3 goal assists (out of 19) as a permanent forward in a team that had 65 inside 50s and kicked 25 goals. A typical Castagna game, had the opportunity to excel but failed to grasp the opportunities. Is he top 22 right now? Yes, which is why he continues to get picked. There's a couple pretty good looking youngsters in the wings that might challenge that soon.

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Three flags, well over a hundred games and averaging around a goal a game.

That is a serious career right there! History is littered with highly rated half forwards who have records that don’t come close to Castagna’s.

He is also averaging about one ridiculous-looking tattoo per game played.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Get back to me when he actually plays well when we have played a top team

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Been a great servant and have defended him on occasions but need to look beyond George now.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Three flags, well over a hundred games and averaging around a goal a game.

That is a serious career right there! History is littered with highly rated half forwards who have records that don’t come close to Castagna’s.

He is also averaging about one ridiculous-looking tattoo per game played.
Not much chance of a F/S from him. His swimmers will blind turn nobody, swim the wrong way and eventually end up a long way from the target

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users