Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

JC.jpg

Castagna's heat map is bizarre when compared with previous weeks. He's hardly moved by the look of it.
For a guy who's famous for his work rate I don't get it.
Maybe he was sick?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Perhaps Teague is a part of the problem. Carlscum could attack but were abysmal at defending the turnover n rebound n it cost him his job.
Now we're still attacking well, but we're struggling at times to defend both from losing the initial midfield contest and the rebound from our forward half.

We go o.k. when we maintain our high pressure game n force the oppo into a lot of rushed dirty ball footy. As soon as our defensive pressure drops away in our forward line or through the midfield we get slaughtered with coast to coast ball movement.

George struggling to have any input
Jaaack slow n getting slower
Shedda struggling to keep up
Lamblett struggling to play
Dusty brain fart absence n struggling for form
Prestygiocomo injuries
Cotchinator slowing
Moju, Raaallph, Rossy n Dow still learning their craft. Stacky n R2D2 not yet stepping up.

Got a huge amount of senior forward n mid talent just not quite up to scratch at the moment n the kids are still trying to find their feet. We've never played a pretty game of footy, we've always beat up on teams with relentless heat n pressure. Doesn't take much for our game to turn into a *smile* show in a big hurry if the heat n pressure drops away.

agree we need a fine balance of defence of attack, no doubt. just look at essendon.

i just think we need more skill in F50.

we are carrying one too many defensive structure players IMO

I know I’m just a muppet but thought you should know Caddy has retired. Unless out of favour is the new way of saying retired?

yep my bad, easy to think he is languishing in purgatory somewhere

and yes you are still a muppet

That's 1.3% I've got on you then, my friend.
glad you agree.

you've been negatively obsessed with George for the better part of a decade. in that time he's won three flags and you've served thousands of pies deep in the Shane Warne stand.

as such you can't really claim to be correct on George now

glad you agree.

you've been negatively obsessed with George for the better part of a decade. in that time he's won three flags and you've served thousands of pies deep in the Shane Warne stand.

as such you can't really claim to be correct on George now

Like any punter, I'm wrong a lot.

I'm not sure what exactly you disagree with about what I've ever said about Castagna.

Or why you're randomly denigrating people on the food service industry.

But you are the one who keeps calling me out to say my piece on Castagna.

I think I know where the obsession lies. And I'm flattered, truly.

Reactions: 3 users
Like any punter, I'm wrong a lot.

I'm not sure what exactly you disagree with about what I've ever said about Castagna.

Or why you're randomly denigrating people on the food service industry.

But you are the one who keeps calling me out to say my piece on Castagna.

I think I know where the obsession lies. And I'm flattered, truly.
A Burger selling pies ? That’s pretty cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
2 disposals for the night. No kicks. 2 handballs simply does not cut the mustard regardless of pro or anti George camps. Time for a spell.

Reactions: 5 users
Wasn't sure where to put this post, but George's thread is as good as any.

A lot of posts pointing towards our forward personnel being the reason for our loss, or should be dropped,

Sure we'd like more impact from MJ, George or even Jack on the weekend, but here's a tip - They ain't the reason we got beat.

Let's take individuals out of things for a sec:

We kicked 15 goals on the weekend. Only one other game this year has a team done that and lost (in 100 games). What are we expecting - 17 or 18 goals to win?

We have also kicked the second most points this year of any team.

Our ball movement and forward line as a unit are actually functioning unbelievably well - Elite.

If you want to vent and apportion blame do it where we are losing games - Our complete inability to stop teams scoring.

12th in defence. And even worse per inside 50.

And don't give Leysy the injury stuff - Collingwood, Hawthorn and now Sydney have all sliced us up over the past month.

If talking reason's why we lose - It aint George, or anyone in the front half. It's our defensive game that is the cause.

Particularly:

Teams are walking out the front of stoppages for easy entries.

Tarrant is a bust and if being honest - over the course of the year: Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad et al are below previous performances.

Tough on some champions, but we need to face facts, overlook what might seem the obvious, and put focus where we are actually struggling.

And it ain't with ball in hand.

Seem like most want to fix the accelerator when we're already the (2nd) fastest car but the brakes don't work.
some good points Leysy.
But as this is the George thread, and most of the support for George has been around his defensive impact, doesnt that show that what he is doing isnt helping?

I am pretty confident that if we have the no2 ranked attack with George we will continue to have the number 2 attack with out him. maybe even better.
we are scoring well at the moment because we are having periods where we completely dominate, some might suggest we should be scoring more in those times. but then when we arent on top we struggle pinch any goals. and part of the reason for that is having a forward who is not contributing.

Reactions: 1 users