Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Like any punter, I'm wrong a lot.

I'm not sure what exactly you disagree with about what I've ever said about Castagna.

Or why you're randomly denigrating people on the food service industry.

But you are the one who keeps calling me out to say my piece on Castagna.

I think I know where the obsession lies. And I'm flattered, truly.

no doubt you will keep saying your piece on Castagna, with or without my baiting

George works hard and puts in, no doubt. Even though I hang sh1t on him in this thread by and large I'm a fan... He also averaged a goal a game up to round 10 which is nothing if not consistent for a small, and did get involved in scoring chains. In the Swans game, Richo bigged him up in the first half for "unrewarded leading" - OK, so he's a bit a of decoy runner as well.

Of course he does lots of mystical magical things that the less astute watcher like myself can't see, but boy that game stunk from a Georgey-boy perspective.

Will be interesting to see if match committee give him a spell after the bye. I guess he might redeem himself in training.

Reactions: 2 users
Wasn't sure where to put this post, but George's thread is as good as any.

A lot of posts pointing towards our forward personnel being the reason for our loss, or should be dropped,

Sure we'd like more impact from MJ, George or even Jack on the weekend, but here's a tip - They ain't the reason we got beat.

Let's take individuals out of things for a sec:

We kicked 15 goals on the weekend. Only one other game this year has a team done that and lost (in 100 games). What are we expecting - 17 or 18 goals to win?

We have also kicked the second most points this year of any team.

Our ball movement and forward line as a unit are actually functioning unbelievably well - Elite.

If you want to vent and apportion blame do it where we are losing games - Our complete inability to stop teams scoring.

12th in defence. And even worse per inside 50.

And don't give Leysy the injury stuff - Collingwood, Hawthorn and now Sydney have all sliced us up over the past month.

If talking reason's why we lose - It aint George, or anyone in the front half. It's our defensive game that is the cause.

Particularly:

Teams are walking out the front of stoppages for easy entries.

Tarrant is a bust and if being honest - over the course of the year: Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad et al are below previous performances.

Tough on some champions, but we need to face facts, overlook what might seem the obvious, and put focus where we are actually struggling.

And it ain't with ball in hand.

Seem like most want to fix the accelerator when we're already the (2nd) fastest car but the brakes don't work.
Not sure George has had much to do with our high scoring Leysey. Anyone got his score involvement stats coz I'd say they would be quite low for a forward ?
Also our trademark in previous years has been to lock the ball in our forward half to allow our backline to set up. Quick transition makes it much harder for the likes of Grimes Vlas and Broad to defend. George hasn't been doing his role in this regard.
George isn't adding much value to the team like in previous years. He can't possibly survive after a 2 disposal game over the weekend and an overall poor year.

Not sure George has had much to do with our high scoring Leysey. Anyone got his score involvement stats coz I'd say they would be quite low for a forward ?
Also our trademark in previous years has been to lock the ball in our forward half to allow our backline to set up. Quick transition makes it much harder for the likes of Grimes Vlas and Broad to defend. George hasn't been doing his role in this regard.
George isn't adding much value to the team like in previous years. He can't possibly survive after a 2 disposal game over the weekend and an overall poor year.
0 score assists, 0 score involvements.

• Wow
  • Love
@Harry 4.4 per game.

Same as MJ. He's around the same as Chimp (4.5), Edwards (4.6), Nank (4.5), Graham (3.9), Short (5.0) and Lablett (5.0).

Dusty leading with 7.6.

Further to Leysey's point - reckon with Teague we have definitely changed the way we enter our F50 - we are quicker and more direct which has lead to us being the second highest scoring team this year. Previous years we used to go wide to ensure that we locked it in if we didn't score. This change of forward structure and style would be contributing to George's form and our ability to defend the ground in general.

Reactions: 3 users
George works hard and puts in, no doubt. Even though I hang sh1t on him in this thread by and large I'm a fan... He also averaged a goal a game up to round 10 which is nothing if not consistent for a small, and did get involved in scoring chains. In the Swans game, Richo bigged him up in the first half for "unrewarded leading" - OK, so he's a bit a of decoy runner as well.

Of course he does lots of mystical magical things that the less astute watcher like myself can't see, but boy that game stunk from a Georgey-boy perspective.

Will be interesting to see if match committee give him a spell after the bye. I guess he might redeem himself in training.
We don't have many (if any) superstars who carry the team and plaster over these sort of cracks anymore. If they are going to drop Stacky for a low possession game then I cant see how Jason stays.

Structure, pressure and leading patterns all fall way behind getting goals and setting up teammates.

Reactions: 1 user
Will always be my favourite whipping boy and we can’t argue with how important he was in our Dynasty, however George hasn’t played good footy in the last 2 seasons , yes I’m sure he still does a lot of the pressure stuff and it is hard to argue with success we had with that manic pressure game , however I say *smile* the “ pressure “ how about we ad scoreboard Pressure, that’s the best pressure , we have some kids with pretty decent foot skills running around in the magoos , nothing wrong with starting your career as small forward . I actually see George as a liability now against the top sides , such a momentum killer in saying that I highly doubt George will be dropped again , and I’m not that fussed just barrack for the 22 selected and hope they get the job done

Reactions: 1 users