Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Castagna was poor beyond belief but……

I was at the game and I saw the hubris that the media talk about. Castagna was really just the epitome of our second half.

When it is all said and done, we blew a match winning lead and it wasn’t just one or two players fault. Very few worked hard off the ball and really it was Gold Coast mistakes that kept us in it.

Reactions: 1 users

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
He played his role in the premiership years by putting on pressure, purely a role player, the team is not performing well enough to carry him, that was the worst individual performance of a Richmond player I have ever seen, i suggest they blood test him, because he was on another planet, he did 100% cost them the game, Jake Aarts cameo, sorry mate, you are not AFL standard, but VFL no problems at all

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Everything he did turned to *smile*. Applied minimal pressure. Felt sorry for Maurice applying all the forward pressure while this bloke is sitting polishing his medals.

He can get *smile* and never be seen again

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Had what, 5 or 6 attempts at goal for a measly 2 behinds. Not good enough and should not be playing on Sunday. Just complete and utter rubbish.

Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
If George is on social media, I would suggest to him that he turns it off for a while.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This is a massive pile on but it's a little hard not to jump on. He hasn't played a decent game since 2020. He *smile* it up nearly every time he gets the ball; it is laughable how bad he is.

But I'm angry at Hardwick for gifting him so many games. He clearly has not been up to it since 2020 but keeps getting picked.

It's on you Dimma. Enough is enough. Wake up man.

Reactions: 17 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He could scrounge a game off the coattails of Cotch,Prestia, Martin, Lambert, ,Caddy, Edwards, Houli, JR etc when they were at the peak of their powers.

Now those players are in decline (or injured or retired) he has to try to make a game of his own. It will never, ever happen
Very limited ability, zero game sense, zero football nous, skillset of an Auskick kid.
Just offers a big fat absolute nothing.
Clear him out.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Wow.
Do I need remind everyone here
3 time premiership player!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Wow.
Do I need remind everyone here
3 time premiership player!
He’s the luckiest afl/vfl player in the history of the game.
Castagna would embarrass himself playing Auskick. Actually I think he’s the oldest Auskick player ever

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I refuse to jump on to the bagging which is getting a little out of control.
George was part of our glory years and I respect him for that but he hasn’t earned a spot in our best 22 since 2020 imo and it really is time that our club stopped picking him.
Again this time his form at vfl level didn’t warrant selection. I could make an argument for Aarts who has played well in the vfl but not for George.

Reactions: 3 users