Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

If he was delisted, would another club pick him up? Maybe Norf, but that says it all.

Reactions: 1 user
He's been horrible for four and half years. It's not his fault that he cannot play football, its the match committees fault for selecting him. Barely a VFL let alone an AFL player.

Reactions: 3 users
Love him because he is ours but I would prefer Butler or Higgins right now.

While he kicked a pile of behinds and out of bounds in the 2019 GF, Castagna was actually bloody good that day. He has clearly dropped off in form and can no longer make up for his shortcomings, The shortcomings are substantial but the contribution to 3 flags was also substantial.

He was always going to be at his best with stars around him, but it is also the case that his talents are not so suited to the way the game is played at the moment.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
What about the goal he missed because of the smother. That was D grade reserves bench player stuff. Clearly Ballard was desperately committed to the smother so all George had to do was step around him and run into the goal square or handball to Aarts to run into the goal square. Even those two couldn't have missed from there.

I don't think I've ever seen an AFL footballer who is so inept in the basics of the game.

Reactions: 4 users
What about the goal he missed because of the smother. That was D grade reserves bench player stuff. Clearly Ballard was desperately committed to the smother so all George had to do was step around him and run into the goal square or handball to Aarts to run into the goal square. Even those two couldn't have missed from there.

I don't think I've ever seen an AFL footballer who is so inept in the basics of the game.

Exactly, if he wanted to kick it, he needed to do it earlier. He left it so long that kicking for goal at that time had gone, it was either a feign at a kick then a sidestep, or a handball over the top. He made 2 errors therefore just in that 1 action, the first in delaying the shot, and then the 2nd actually taking the shot at the time he chose to do it.
Every other supporter from other clubs, is laughing at us seeing George and Aarts doing what they are doing.

While he kicked a pile of behinds and out of bounds in the 2019 GF, Castagna was actually bloody good that day. He has clearly dropped off in form and can no longer make up for his shortcomings, The shortcomings are substantial but the contribution to 3 flags was also substantial.

He was always going to be at his best with stars around him, but it is also the case that his talents are not so suited to the way the game is played at the moment.

DS
Perfectly summed up

Exactly, if he wanted to kick it, he needed to do it earlier. He left it so long that kicking for goal at that time had gone, it was either a feign at a kick then a sidestep, or a handball over the top. He made 2 errors therefore just in that 1 action, the first in delaying the shot, and then the 2nd actually taking the shot at the time he chose to do it.
Every other supporter from other clubs, is laughing at us seeing George and Aarts doing what they are doing.
All it needed was a simple handball or a little sidestep. Ballard was committed; he could not have done anything if George executes as he should. But Goerge does what George does and we lose. George has NFI.

But it's been like that for at least the past 2 seasons. But Dimma keeps picking him. He has questions to answer.

All it needed was a simple handball or a little sidestep. Ballard was committed; he could not have done anything if George executes as he should. But Goerge does what George does and we lose. George has NFI.

But it's been like that for at least the past 2 seasons. But Dimma keeps picking him. He has questions to answer.
Just bewildering. It's like he's taking us for granted or seems to suffer mental issues.

Reactions: 1 users

You could see Dimma was frustrated in his presser. He should be making a statement next week on George for sure. Vlastuin comes back in, so we push Bakes forward again and George has to be out. I'd play anyone instead of Aarts too, either Sonsie or Banks would be fine in place of him. Clarke is the other option for 1 of those 2.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn’t think it was possible at the end of 2021, but his execution by hand and foot has got worse. And continued to get worse as the season has gone on !

Quite an impressive regression really when you think about it.

Reactions: 4 users

DS
Even more perplexing is why he hasn’t done more to correct his kicking. Kicking round the corner continually at goal with very little angle is like a golfer putting one handed from 2 feet - almost creating a mental excuse for missing.

Do it properly or give it away. Castagna has fallen away unbelievably from the 2019 GF. And agree the game changes mean we can’t carry forwards who can’t kick (or any player for that matter).

The one time he had to use his pace and stop around he fluffs it. That was the game right there.

You could see Dimma was frustrated in his presser. He should be making a statement next week on George for sure. Vlastuin comes back in, so we push Bakes forward again and George has to be out. I'd play anyone instead of Aarts too, either Sonsie or Banks would be fine in place of him. Clarke is the other option for 1 of those 2.
The only statement I want to hear about George needs to mention "Capuano".

That hoarse voice wasn't a cold. He was OK yesterday.

This is what *smile* me. Why does Aarts get a gig ahead of a kid?

Reactions: 1 users
The one time he had to use his pace and stop around he fluffs it. That was the game right there.

no no. Your boy short lost it first. but george was diabolical and that might be it for him