Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Brooklyn Tiger said:
Coughlan was the one that hurt for me.... that kid was amazing. hard as nails. couldve been anything.

Yep agreed, would have been captain and we could have built the side around him.

Brooklyn Tiger said:
Coughlan was the one that hurt for me.... that kid was amazing. hard as nails. couldve been anything.
He was as good as Sam Mitchell. Ours got cut down while the other blossomed to be an afl legend

Dyer'ere said:
Dunno, Niko. I think you're doing Merenda an injustice. But maybe I was his equal #1 fan.
Equal with me. Would have been a star. He, Cogs and Browny going down cruelled us. That's Robbie Gray, Lenny Hayes and Alan Didak out of the side. Robbed indeed.

We have been screaming out for a player like Castagna.

He never gives up, is surprisingly quick and is a good mark for his size.

Can improve his decision making however this is due to him playing at full tilt 100% of the time.

I am rapt that he, Butler and Rioli are doing so well - our forward dynamic is less predictable and much more exciting to watch.

spook said:
Equal with me. Would have been a star. He, Cogs and Browny going down cruelled us. That's Robbie Gray, Lenny Hayes and Alan Didak out of the side. Robbed indeed.

X2, he was a gun. And yes, a cruel injury trifecta. Browny still hurts.

George almost played a superstars game last Sunday. Sure he played well and was in the best, but stuffed up narrowly after creating an opportunity a lot too. If he'd halved those mistakes, he is standout BOG. If he'd reduced it to 1 or 2, big headline time.

Tigerflag2008 said:
He was as good as Sam Mitchell. Ours got cut down while the other blossomed to be an afl legend

I loved Cogs. A contested ball beast but he was no Sam Mitchell. Very average disposal especially on the left.

A young small forward is not one to blame for that debacle.

We were bombing to 5'9 players like Castagna against Lever and co. Coaches, game plan, experienced mids first and foremost.

He's still on track to kick 25-30 goals. If he has a poor one against the Dogs then try Stengle.

willo said:
Another poor game. Not that he was on his lonesome.
Needs a run in the two's to get his hands on the ball a bit more.
Or maybe he is a victim of a shithouse game plan?

Barnzy said:
A young small forward is not one to blame for that debacle.

We were bombing to 5'9 players like Castagna against Lever and co. Coaches, game plan, experienced mids first and foremost.

He's still on track to kick 25-30 goals. If he has a poor one against the Dogs then try Stengle.

I never said he was to blame. Just pointing out he's had two quiet games in a row. Needs to get some ball
Btw he's 5'11"

willo said:
Could be, but he didn't do much last game either.
Averaging more than a goal a game.

Provides pressure along with Butler and Rioli that we have never seen before.

Yep needs a rest in the twos.

Smoking Aces said:
Averaging more than a goal a game.

Provides pressure along with Butler and Rioli that we have never seen before.

Yep needs a rest in the twos.

Not what I said. He doesn't need a rest in the two's, he needs the work in the two's.
He may be averaging a goal a game, he got 4 against Brissie, earnt his keep,but did sfa last week and this week.

Not the answer. Might chase, but the worse hands at the club alongside Ellis.
Double handles it every time he gets near it....