Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

I look at it differently, he creates heaps from nothing, the chaotic fumbles are just part of the package. Bit like Rancey's early stuff.

tigersnake said:
I look at it differently, he creates heaps from nothing, the chaotic fumbles are just part of the package. Bit like Rancey's early stuff.

His evasive work has been first class. If he had better hands he would have a goal on the board. Let's hope for one in the second half.

Yeah he adds "panic" but it doesn't add to much unless he backs it up with some real footy.

Lloyd, Bolton, Stengle.

All depth if required.

Shame we only have Morris and Hunt for Corey Ellis and Vlastuin.

What about that kick from Castagna? Just absolute rubbish. Kicked it straight to Johannisen instead of putting it to Caddy's advantage. Under little pressure and cost us a shot at goal from 15 metres.

Chaos will only work some of the time. Good teams will eventually work that out. You also need composure. This bloke does not have it.

He's a slightly better Nathan Gordon.

I couldn't stand Gordon, because he never got any better. Was a massive fumbler, panicked, but was keen to throw his body into a contest.

I hope Castagna improves with his ball handling, because he won't stay in our best 22 if he doesn't.

Endeavour is good, takes marks even, but his disposal is awful.

Needs to clean this up big time or he simply won't make it.

Rubbish footballer. 2 minutes to go Cotchin takes a great contested mark indefence and immediately switches to Caddy who passes to this lemon on the wing. He has Grigg inside in the centre on his own but instead, as he is an ordinary footballer with no footy brain, kicks it along the boundary to Lambert. Of course he misses the target and puts Lambert under immediate pressure and his forced kick is mark by Bontempelli.

A minute later he deliberately handballs over the line and is pinged.

No composure. No class. Typical RFC footballer. Needs to be upgraded pronto.

Ridley said:
Rubbish footballer. 2 minutes to go Cotchin takes a great contested mark indefence and immediately switches to Caddy who passes to this lemon on the wing. He has Grigg inside in the centre on his own but instead, as he is an ordinary footballer with no footy brain, kicks it along the boundary to Lambert. Of course he misses the target and puts Lambert under immediate pressure and his forced kick is mark by Bontempelli.

A minute later he deliberately handballs over the line and is pinged.

No composure. No class. Typical RFC footballer. Needs to be upgraded pronto.

That was the one with Grigg alone just inside the centre square corner? Panic.

Has endeavor but is like a headless chook. Affects the team, doesn't know where to run or what to do with it
Chaos to the opposition and to his teammates

I love a lot about what he does. But if Stengle and Bolton have 1% more skill than him he is eventually gone.

Ridley said:
What about that kick from Castagna? Just absolute rubbish. Kicked it straight to Johannisen instead of putting it to Caddy's advantage. Under little pressure and cost us a shot at goal from 15 metres.

Chaos will only work some of the time. Good teams will eventually work that out. You also need composure. This bloke does not have it.
yeah, I don't mind him but his kicking sucks. Missed an easy goal too.

evo said:

brilliant mark against 2 opponents from a standing start, Cyril-esque, then misses the soda, that hurt.

evo said:

He was kicking them a few weeks ago and has seemed pretty reliable from set shots.

I reckon his confidence is shot after a couple poor games as he never looked like kicking that goal from the get go.

Deserved one more game this week but time to try Stengle.

playing like a crazy kid with 6 games under his belt.

i like the crazy he brings.

pretty sure dimmalemoncello does too

Barnzy said:
He was kicking them a few weeks ago and has seemed pretty reliable from set shots.

I reckon his confidence is shot after a couple poor games as he never looked like kicking that goal from the get go.

Deserved one more game this week but time to try Stengle.

reasonable

Id dare say one or two of Rioli Castagna or Butler wont be in next week. Llyod is a must possibly Lennon too

evo said:
Yep just needs to show some composure, he can't seem to get his body parts in sync. The legs want to move left, the arms want to go right and in his mind he is trying to figure out whether to kick or handball. Does well to confuse the opposition but unfortunately he confuses himself at the same time.