Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Jason Castagna
25 disposals, 13 contested possessions, five marks

Had another very good game at half-back. Provided us with plenty of productive run and carry. Is maintaining a bold playing style, which is exciting for the Club going forward.

Surely we must be close to ending this farce.

Smoking Aces said:
Jason Castagna

Had another very good game at half-back. Provided us with plenty of productive run and carry. Is maintaining a bold playing style, which is exciting for the Club going forward.

Yep, he's getting Miles'ed at this point of the season. I've noticed some Shank-type moves in the video highlights which are great to see.

TigerForce said:
Yep, he's getting Miles'ed at this point of the season. I've noticed some Shank-type moves in the video highlights which are great to see.
Pity we have wasted spots on the list for 'cloggers' like Arnott.

Smoking Aces said:
Pity we have wasted spots on the list for 'cloggers' like Arnott.

I suppose if he doesn't get any warrant for a seniors game, they might as well demote him again and let George in.

Smoking Aces said:
Jason Castagna

No mention of a future AFL call up this week...
Wonder who'll make way? Maybe C.Ellis.

Amazed how quickly he has adapted to VFL footy. Good on him. Bold pick.

Exciting to see one come from nowhere. Exact type we lack in the backline.

Tigers of Old said:
No mention of a future AFL call up this week...
Wonder who'll make way? Maybe C.Ellis.
Reading through the VFL report there isn't anyone (apart from George) who deserves a call up after last weeks game.

SCOOP said:
Amazed how quickly he has adapted to VFL footy. Good on him. Bold pick.

Exciting to see one come from nowhere. Exact type we lack in the backline.
Would compliment our back line just nicely.

watching his highlights on the RFC site wasnt very impressive IMO, at least his ball use. based on that minute of footage i doubt he will be called up in the next few weeks. thats not meant as a knock, he looks to be tracking very well but i think he might need some more time in the ressies working on his game.

Brodders17 said:
watching his highlights on the RFC site wasnt very impressive IMO, at least his ball use. based on that minute of footage i doubt he will be called up in the next few weeks. thats not meant as a knock, he looks to be tracking very well but i think he might need some more time in the ressies working on his game.

Agree, almost like that package was cut to demonstrate to supporters why he is not going to get picked

It is well known that his disposal is poor at best. Upside absolutely if he can clean that up he gets plenty of the pill and moves very well.

According to Dimma on his Dissections (he actually mentioned Castagna and was quite complimentary of him) he's injured after the weekend's game, so not available for a call up over the next couple of weeks.

Some good signs of progression from young George.
Retained his run & carry but looked to have improved his composure with the ball rather than blaze away.
He'd be the one I'd be looking to fast track in the wake of Yazz's injury. Definitely a small defender spot in the backline up for grabs.

Has to be ahead of Morris in the pecking order of that spot vacant whilst Yarran is out.

Tiger Ghost said:
Have read elsewhere that he's been upgraded to the main list

he certainly was last year , then "demoted" back to rookie, haven't seen anything this year, I would be surprised