Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
CC TIGER said:
Great to hear Carter , the knock on him was the kicking, so glad to hear he used the slippery pill well, defiantly a hole we need fillef

Not unlike Rance in that...
He has a heap of toe and dash, and
He sets off on a run and knows not where he is headed, which often can be into trouble.
But he is a dead set line breaker and creator and a real goer.
His decision making kicking efficiency is in need of repeated game day practice for at least this year before he is seniors quality.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I understand the mixed concerns about Castagna and whether he is ready for promotion, but there is a part of me, built on years of false promises and misplaced faith in over-rated players, that reckons what have the Tigers got to lose by adding a bit of dash and flair to the team.
So much prefer to see players go down fighting and giving their all than seeing lame efforts by players gifted sundry games. It's time to test the depth of the list, particularly when a number of senior players have been tested and failed on too many occasions.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
After watching parts of the Port Hawks game last night. Give me dead set line breakers instead of sideways and backwards conservative players any day. Even if it means we lose a few games while they come to grips with the step up but least it would be exciting to watch and give you hope for the future

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Named in the best in VFL. Time to play the kid while in form.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He's gonna make some horrible decisions if he does, but will add something we don't have right now.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The_General said:
He's gonna make some horrible decisions if he does,
And how is that so very different from the efforts of at least half our senior players in recent weeks?
Rather we failed while trying to refresh, develop n grow our team than failing while stagnating with some of the regular hackers giving us heartache at the moment.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
TigerMasochist said:
And how is that so very different from the efforts of at least half our senior players in recent weeks?
Rather we failed while trying to refresh, develop n grow our team than failing while stagnating with some of the regular hackers giving us heartache at the moment.

Oh, I'm all for putting him in. He's quick, he'll run lines and he'll try create. He could really help Houli as another option down back, and allow another small to move to the midfield (eg Vlaustin). He'll probably turn it over 2-3 times in the process but as you suggest, do you wanna see Newman do it or Castagna?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
The_General said:
Oh, I'm all for putting him in. He's quick, he'll run lines and he'll try create. He could really help Houli as another option down back, and allow another small to move to the midfield (eg Vlaustin). He'll probably turn it over 2-3 times in the process but as you suggest, do you wanna see Newman do it or Castagna?

How could Newman do it? Luck to get the ball 2 or 3 times a match. Same with Morris.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
We need someone like George prepared to take the game on
If George comes in he MUST get a run of at least 3 games
If hes to come in and get FLICKED off the next week whats the point

Tommy Gun

Tiger Rookie
Apr 26, 2015
btoz_01 said:

I hope we have a plan B, relying on a rookie to save us. I know Miles did it last year, but I hope that is not our cunning plan each year.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
btoz_01 said:
If he is played that's what will happen. Unless he's best on.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He an Menadue are the exact types that could help us improve quickly, pity there probably a while away, any way there both on the list an looking good

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CC TIGER said:
He an Menadue are the exact types that could help us improve quickly, pity there probably a while away, any way there both on the list an looking good
Must be upgraded to get a run in the 1sts maybe 2nd half of season.