Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-12/the-vfl-report-round-4

Jason Castagna
21 disposals, four tackles, nine contested possessions
Had another really solid game off half-back. Won the ball well and provided plenty of run-and-carry, which is what we are starting to expect from him. Defensively, he again was sound, getting the job done. Hopefully, in the next two-three weeks, we can start to see him push hard for senior selection.

Promotion time.

Really exciting.

Darts around with the pill in hand, a quality we just don't have.

Much needed. He's surprised a few with his development but then again this club ain't known for getting these types.

Speed off half back. There are two spots there for the taking IMO.

Why wait 2 - 3 weeks?

The time is now. We are desperate for more run off half back. Really desperate.

End the George Farce.

Smoking Aces said:
Why wait 2 - 3 weeks?

End the George Farce.
Hopefully the coaches identify this current weakness with our team!

According to Chaplin
“We’ve got guys in the VFL who are pushing, but the reality is they’re just not quite ready for AFL yet. They’ve got to bide their time and continue to develop.”

Smoking Aces said:
Why wait 2 - 3 weeks?

End the George Farce.

Why wait? Because form against North Ballarat isn't the same as form against Essendon or Geelong or the Dogs. Stand alone from should be downgraded slightly. But he's coming on fast. From 17 touches in the TAC last year to 24 in the VFL. That's a good sign. Surprise packet of the year thus far.

SCOOP said:
Why wait? Because form against North Ballarat isn't the same as form against Essendon or Geelong or the Dogs. Stand alone from should be downgraded slightly. But he's coming on fast. From 17 touches in the TAC last year to 24 in the VFL. That's a good sign. Surprise packet of the year thus far.

Arent NB aligned with the Kangaroos?

I like how how much he takes the game on and makes things happen. He doesn't seem to blend into VFL like a lot of our listed players. Looks a class above.

I think he offers more than Newman right now. Not in 1-2 years, right now.

btoz_01 said:
According to Chaplin
“We’ve got guys in the VFL who are pushing, but the reality is they’re just not quite ready for AFL yet. They’ve got to bide their time and continue to develop.”

:hihi

You young fellas leave losing games to us experienced guys.

There's no need to rush him. It didn't do Drummond any favours.

He's going to make a lot of mistakes and he needs to be given the freedom to do so at VFL level while he gets the balance right.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

He's going to make a lot of mistakes and he needs to be given the freedom to do so at VFL level while he gets the balance right.

But just because Drummond got injured doesnt mean Castagna would too.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

What happened to Drummond was an accident, nothing to do with his age or the fact it was his first game.

Since the Drummond incident RFC has stated the following will be standard issue for all rookie players

fighting_sumo_craft_costume.jpg

tigertim said:
But just because Drummond got injured doesnt mean Castagna would too.

Not the injury, the lack of composure at the level.

Both kids need more time. Their brains need to catch up to their legs.

George may get there soon but not yet.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Not the injury, the lack of composure at the level.

Both kids need more time. Their brains need to catch up to their legs.

George may get there soon but not yet.

I understand but theres plenty of 18 year olds doing well in their first year ( and thats been the case for a very long time). Horses for courses I spose, if you think he's ready then go for it if you think he's not then hold on but it shouldnt be tied to ones age.