Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

I actually find this hilarious.
Very interesting response considering you love playing the man.
You might not agree with other posters opinions but you seem to enjoy the personal rebukes.
Half your posts are vaguely directed at the unwashed masses who stupidly declare opposing opinions and yet you have the temerity to describe your work as a “style”!!
Play the ball.
I don't think there's been much disagreement or banter between either of us, except in this thread. Least that's my understanding. If there was a personal attack, surely that'd be following you everywhere, no?
Maybe go back and have another look.
I'd be surprised if there is and given the back and forth on us was, mid last year(?) It seems if there's a personal concern it's probably one way.

Last edited:
2. Im not writing anyone off. Tom could win the brownlow.
And who cares if you did?

As long as your not coming in off a long run up with nasty ad hominem attacks then people can agree, disagree, take it or leave it.

I’ve laughed at many peoples posts due to their humorous nature despite disagreeing with their premises or points of view.

And I’ve vehemently disagreed with some, agreed with others and learnt from different people’s points of view.

A public forum is a town square, not a chamber for group think or the oversensitive.

Nor should be a place for moralising or tedious point scoring.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Why are people so precious on here at times? An opinion on a player is not allowed?

eZt has rarely bagged players, he's defended many of the most bagged - pickett, kmac etc - and been around for ages.

He's stated a number of arguments supporting his opinion. He noted he hoped he was wrong. He's never shown joy or excitement over a players "failure" that I can recall. In fact not many on here ever celebrate a players delisting (other than McGuane/McMahon in my case).

It's Ok for someone to have a strong opinion isn't it? And if they are wrong, hopefully it gets noted.
It's fine to have strong opinions, but conversely this is a supporter website.
There's a young bloke who, without any fault of his own, got drafted instead of a key position player. There's been numerous people here frustrated we took him. Ever since this thread and others are littered with "we should have" posts. Very little "I can't wait to see", "hope this guy turns into a star" (without being prefaced with I think this guys a bust, but I hope...type of commentary.)

Ever since, people have looked for reasons to come here and say "see, dumb pick, the club was wrong, I was right"

Notice how no one commented positively or otherwise about the Match Sim against Melbourne - a win, which I though had some encouraging signs... nothing in this thread at all. But we lose a game and a fella with 2 years in front of him is a bust. It's ridiculous. If the club signed him up for that long, clearly they think he has potential. No one has "Capuano'd" him, they've given him time to mature because they're not in a rush to develop him, maybe because it's not going to work.

I think the people who are precious are the ones who don't like being challenged. There's a lot of footy vultures sitting on a wire, looking for a corpse to feed on.

It's pretty disappointing the lack of support this fella gets. Read this thread from start to now, you'll see what I mean.

Reactions: 3 users
People were raving after Tom’s game against Port.

This site would be extremely boring if posters can’t express their opinions on footballers. Good bad or indifferent.

Reactions: 5 users
FWIW (not much) I’m a backer of Brown. I think he has much upside and it’s too early to make a call on him I reckon. But I certainly don’t mind considered (not short term and repeat panic merchants’ endless suggestions of failures) opinions to the contrary.

Conversely, despite much recent hype and love, I’m not that big on Thomson Dow. But similarly, I understand considered (not Richmond fanboi) opinion to the contrary.

In summary it’s not so much the opinion - positive or negative - but who is making it, and how well it’s been made.

Reactions: 4 users
It's fine to have strong opinions, but conversely this is a supporter website.
There's a young bloke who, without any fault of his own, got drafted instead of a key position player. There's been numerous people here frustrated we took him. Ever since this thread and others are littered with "we should have" posts. Very little "I can't wait to see", "hope this guy turns into a star" (without being prefaced with I think this guys a bust, but I hope...type of commentary.)

Ever since, people have looked for reasons to come here and say "see, dumb pick, the club was wrong, I was right"

Notice how no one commented positively or otherwise about the Match Sim against Melbourne - a win, which I though had some encouraging signs... nothing in this thread at all. But we lose a game and a fella with 2 years in front of him is a bust. It's ridiculous. If the club signed him up for that long, clearly they think he has potential. No one has "Capuano'd" him, they've given him time to mature because they're not in a rush to develop him, maybe because it's not going to work.

I think the people who are precious are the ones who don't like being challenged. There's a lot of footy vultures sitting on a wire, looking for a corpse to feed on.

It's pretty disappointing the lack of support this fella gets. Read this thread from start to now, you'll see what I mean.
I can’t wait to see Gibcus
I can’t wait to see Caulthard.
I can’t wait to see Cambell.
I can’t wait to see Trezise,
I can’t wait see Sonsie.
I can’t wait to see Cumberland.
I can’t wait to see Smith.

I’m not keen on Brown.
I must be in the wrong place.
I’m not a real supporter

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I can’t wait see Sonsie.

I’m not keen on Brown.
I’m not a real supporter
That’s a lot of waiting.

But I understand. I’m waiting for Snuppers to bring me another beer. (Hard to get good service nowadays.)

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t wait see Sonsie.

I’m not keen on Brown.
I’m not a real supporter
Glad you're not taking things too seriously DA. I hope you don't ever wait on an uber that much.

• Haha
All of those player had played more senior games at the same point in their careers and had shown better form in AFL or VFL than Tom Brown has to date.
But those blokes you're talking about waltzed into a crap side that was flogged on a regular basis. The newbies at present have been trying to break into a triple premiership side. There is a difference to who the match committee supports through those periods.

Reckon the precious ones need to work on their cognitive skills. How many opinions on PRE are actually worth noting?

Its like reading a game day thread and expecting to get an accurate summary of the game. The tigers would not have won a game in the last 10 years if game day threads were on point.

Oh and I don't miss TBR.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, sure, agree. But Brown's ability to win contests was probably one of the reasons we drafted him. He just does it nonchalantly.
Who was that Sydaknee player from a few years back that got deep in *smile* for claiming about half the AFL was on the gear?? Dale Lewis, if i remember correctly. As nonchalant a player as you're ever likely to see, Bowdo was another one. Also the Colonwood bloke that's played near half a million games, Pendulum or Penderbury or whatever his name is. Pretty sure a certain D.R. Jones always played like he was half asleep until it was time to belt someone or get belted. It's a guarantee that nonchalant players will be horribly maligned by their own club supporters most of the time, simply because they always look like they are going at half pace no matter how good a player they are.

Who was that Sydaknee player from a few years back that got deep in *smile* for claiming about half the AFL was on the gear?? Dale Lewis, if i remember correctly. As nonchalant a player as you're ever likely to see, Bowdo was another one. Also the Colonwood bloke that's played near half a million games, Pendulum or Penderbury or whatever his name is. Pretty sure a certain D.R. Jones always played like he was half asleep until it was time to belt someone or get belted. It's a guarantee that nonchalant players will be horribly maligned by their own club supporters most of the time, simply because they always look like they are going at half pace no matter how good a player they are.
Dale Lewis belled the cat and what followed was the quietest uproar ever heard. So silent was the reckoning it could appear to the uninformed observer to have not happened at all.

This describes my (misplaced?) enthusiasm for the kid Corey Ellis. I thought I could see shades of another silky left-slippered nonchalanteer...the eponymous Knighter.

Reactions: 2 users
This describes my (misplaced?) enthusiasm for the kid Corey Ellis. I thought I could see shades of another silky left-slippered nonchalanteer...the eponymous Knighter.
And that beautiful pass to Deledio

Reactions: 2 users