Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Disposal but just his general movement. You can see he's a player.

Clean hands, intercept marking reading of the play, good disposal.
One bit of play yesterday caught my eye when he took possession in heavy traffic and in same movement released what appeared to be a non look handball from above his head over the back finding a teammate, (innate footballer).

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
With Houli's retirement and a few uncertainties down back, I can see him forcing his way in quiet quickly if the dominos fall his way.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yesterday Brown was at least impeccable in every aspect of his game. Decision making. Interesting that Will Day's name should come up. I can see why, Dev.

Brown was astute. There are quite a few youngsters who've recently arrived on the AFL scene with this kind of decision making reliability. Day is one. Butters was the first I noticed. There is a wave of them. To some extent I think that there is generational change in reliability of decision making. The football under 22 population might be better.

Likewise in innovative (once considered risky) disposal. I reckon the fans got excited about that one, caesar. (I had to adjourn to the masturbium.)

I think I've seen a big change in our ND recruits in 2021. Both Gibcus and Brown were outstanding in this respect yesterday. (Sonsie was off.) More on that draft shift in time.

Brown knows especially when to go and when to whoa. His timeliness was freaky. Which brings me to the point of his ball winning. This kid can get it even when other players are in better position.

We get a better idea from the match committee about a player's AFL readiness. (They get all the good numbers.) But I can now see why PRE's students are all over Brown.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A couple of excellent intercept marks, impeccable timing and use, topped off by dropping the inboard 45 kick on a dime. Footballer, athlete, iq off the charts. Like.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Brown knows especially when to go and when to whoa. His timeliness was freaky. Which brings me to the point of his ball winning. This kid can get it even when other players are in better position.

We get a better idea from the match committee about a player's AFL readiness. (They get all the good numbers.) But I can now see why PRE's students are all over Brown.
That reminds me of Royce ('66 to '77) when I went to the footy with my dad. Royce would be battling opponents to get the ball after a spilled mark and I'd say to dad "Royce will get it" and most times he did. Great memories. Hope Tom can give us great memories too.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
That reminds me of Royce ('66 to '77) when I went to the footy with my dad. Royce would be battling opponents to get the ball after a spilled mark and I'd say to dad "Royce will get it" and most times he did. Great memories. Hope Tom can give us great memories too.
Good call, TM.
Hart's ground-level skills were exceptional and he always put his head over the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Brown - 26 disposals, 3 marks, against North in the VFL on Saturday.

Would really like to see Tom get a few games this season, would be great for his development.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I think it was Qtr time and one commentator chimed in with "I'm really liking the look of Tom Brown" :)
and you could hear it in his voice , and coming from the non Richmond faithful is very nice
well done Tom keep it going

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Got beat bad in two contests early (Ford?) but the young bloke kept finding space, some ball and outnumbering. He's good overhead at his best.

Will have taken a few kick ins (rightly), padding stats. Best game I can recall from him. It's the first time for ages he has looked like the player we recruited.

FWIW he and a few of our other glamour recruits have a touch of the millionaire about them. Fair enough. They will be one day.

Meanwhile Brown finally worked for a living. Good signs.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Felt like we reached for him at the draft. And didn’t think we needed his type.
But after receiving a mid game bake from Dimma a few weeks ago, he has noticeably lifted and looks to have adjusted to the pace. Onwards and upwards from here.
You can never have enough intercept defenders in the modern game.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Felt like we reached for him at the draft. And didn’t think we needed his type.
But after receiving a mid game bake from Dimma a few weeks ago, he has noticeably lifted and looks to have adjusted to the pace. Onwards and upwards from here.
You can never have enough intercept defenders in the modern game.

Yeah, love that type of player, and he seems to be a good one.

We need a few kids to rejuvenate the side before the finals we had in 2017 with Jack Graham and Towner.

Cumberland is one, is there a chance Brown could provide a spark in a few weeks?

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Tom Brown (26 disposals, nine rebound-50s, three marks, three inside-50s)

"He's going from strength to strength. He continues to grow each and every week. His offensive game has improved significantly and there's definitely some areas in his defence that we're seeing great growth in as well."

Reactions: 7 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Tom Brown (26 disposals, nine rebound-50s, three marks, three inside-50s)

"He's going from strength to strength. He continues to grow each and every week. His offensive game has improved significantly and there's definitely some areas in his defence that we're seeing great growth in as well."
That’s awesome to read that! good on him