Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

I think the role he plays of destined to play he really doesnt need to have elite running capacity and can be worked on to get to a satisfactory level to play his role.

He wont ever be a hard running mid or wing and he will most likely be the Vlastuin replacement if he makes the grade. The club has seen things they really like and drafted him accordingly and other clubs like Geelong & Sydney who have very very good recruiting staff had their eye on him just after where he was selected.

Club has also extended him reinforcing their commitment and belief.

Would love to know his combine results compared to players like Vlastuin/Stewart
Thank u for posting this. Was thinking the same.

I Also looked at 5 phantom drafts via the media and 4 had brown going to swans the pick after ours (18) and one had him going to dees one pick later (19).

Reactions: 1 users
Worrying that he’s getting lapped so many times, but it’s not panic time yet IMO.
I think it’s fair to say we don’t know the ins and outs of his program, and wether he followed it or not.

But this is his 2nd pre season, and as a 2021 draftee that meant he had missed almost 2 years of football before that.

Worrying that he’s getting lapped so many times, but it’s not panic time yet IMO.
I think it’s fair to say we don’t know the ins and outs of his program, and wether he followed it or not.

But this is his 2nd pre season, and as a 2021 draftee that meant he had missed almost 2 years of football before that.
Might have missed 2 years of footy but he could have been doing a bit of running in that time if it was a known weakness

Thank u for posting this. Was thinking the same.

I Also looked at 5 phantom drafts via the media and 4 had brown going to swans the pick after ours (18) and one had him going to dees one pick later (19).
I wouldn't buy into these phantom drafts, plenty of smoke & mirrors going on, for a top 20 pick you want a complete checklist, endurance one of the most important factors when picking a back flanker, it was a reach back then & still is a reach.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

My opinion well and truly parked until I see some consistent footy , what he play like 8-9 VFL games last year

We obviously rated him to pick him up in the draft @ pick 17.

Hopefully he keeps up his training in the break.

I wouldn't buy into these phantom drafts, plenty of smoke & mirrors going on, for a top 20 pick you want a complete checklist, endurance one of the most important factors when picking a back flanker, it was a reach back then & still is a reach.
Poor form Bully. There's varying opinions on players, and some rate folks highly and others not. I find it amusing though that if a phantom draft has something similar to you, it's a good one, and if it differs it's not to be trusted.
If I remember rightly, Vlaustin was rated highly as a potential inside mid, but would require time as he had no tank. He worked out OK.

Reactions: 3 users
Poor form Bully. There's varying opinions on players, and some rate folks highly and others not. I find it amusing though that if a phantom draft has something similar to you, it's a good one, and if it differs it's not to be trusted.
If I remember rightly, Vlaustin was rated highly as a potential inside mid, but would require time as he had no tank. He worked out OK.
Just my opinion & more in line with how I grade the players, I'm yet to see a solid argument for taking Brown ahead of guys like Johnson, Goater & Van Rooyen, I also reckon none of those phantoms would have had all three ahead of Brown. Sydney are also notorious for draft shenanigans, very difficult club to predict on draft night.

He’s certainly a must watch next year, there are genuine concerns.

Questions about hardness & fitness are not minor issues.

Will be interesting to see both Banks & Brown on the VFL back flanks next year. Both have a lot to prove and justify the picks.

Will be interesting to see both Banks & Brown on the VFL back flanks next year. Both have a lot to prove and justify the picks.
Hard to believe there are already concerns. If there is, pretty much an admittance that we paid too highly for him.

• Wow
Hard to believe there are already concerns. If there is, pretty much an admittance that we paid too highly for him.
Concerns from who? Laughable if it’s the supporters on various forums. If it is the coaching staff, then, yep, it’s a concern. As they will know a hell of a lot more than us for sure.
I think I’ll wait and see how a 19 year old plays in his second season before I start judging him on a time trial outcome And a few training reports.
He was rated a late first round pick for a reason. Tough to judge him after one pretty limited season.

Reactions: 9 users

Banks has credits in the vault.
No preseason whatsoever.
Showed some serious glimpses when he did play.
He leaves nothing in the tank when he trains and plays.
Apparently Dimma is a massive fan

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
No preseason whatsoever.
Expect the gifting of games in 23 then...

• Dislike
No preseason whatsoever.
Also Banks played most of the VFL season on the wing, not HBF

Genuine concerns, but yet he was extended 2 more years… Geez I hope these poor young fellas don’t read these forums or if they do don’t pay any notice to the unwarranted negativity!

Reactions: 7 users
Genuine concerns, but yet he was extended 2 more years… Geez I hope these poor young fellas don’t read these forums or if they do don’t pay any notice to the unwarranted negativity!
Yep, clearly the club see something in him and are working with him on any deficiencies he may have.
It must be the off season …..

I think people are writing off Brown a little too early

I personally wanted JVR with the selection but the club had the choice and rated Brown highly and went early rather than risk waiting 10 picks and he was selected roughly in the range as predicted. The club also extended him early and have confidence he will be a player

Lets just wait and see in 12-18 months time

Reactions: 3 users