Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Has had to deal with a persistent and hard to pin point precisely, calf injury this year. Been really frustrating for him and the club.

Hopefully, the medical and physio staff are on top of it now, and he gets a bit more of a free run at things.

Reactions: 7 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Played wing last week in the magoos. Might be close to a call up. Particularly in light of Red's scoop.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has had to deal with a persistent and hard to pin point precisely, calf injury this year. Been really frustrating for him and the club.

Hopefully, the medical and physio staff are on top of it now, and he gets a bit more of a free run at things.

Good scoop Reds.

Puts into perspective that the kid was close to a round 1 debut a week or two from the season kick off then vanished and then stagnated.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Good scoop Reds.

Puts into perspective that the kid was close to a round 1 debut a week or two from the season kick off then vanished and then stagnated.

It highlights how little we as members/supporters etc know of what most listed players go through just to get on the park.

Look at what Lambo revealed in his retirement speech yesterday, the mind boggles.

Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
There are big wraps on this kid. The match committee have definitely challenged him this year more on his defensive work. Ball in hand he is elite. Big preseason coming up for Tom.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He looks a natural HBF, intercept successor to Vlastuin. Not as rugged but quicker and just as classy and strong in the air.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He looks a natural HBF, intercept successor to Vlastuin. Not as rugged but quicker and just as classy and strong in the air.

Yep get him in the Gym, a bit of boxing wouldn't hurt, needs a little more intensity and strength for the contested side of the game.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Concerns about Tom's pre-season running but this might have something to do with it?

Did he also have glandular fever or appendicitis or something at one point or am I thinking of someone else? (Will Martyn?)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Concerns about Tom's pre-season running but this might have something to do with it?

Did he also have glandular fever or appendicitis or something at one point or am I thinking of someone else? (Will Martyn?)
Not sure about the GF but can confirm from one of the staff that he had a persistent calf issue last year.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Will Martyn had GF last pre-season.

Punt Road is a big oval so unless he has COVID or only one leg I can't see HTF someone can get lapped twice in 15mins.

He needs to get himself a running coach, stay off the *smile* and improve his 3km time by 2mins over the break.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Will Martyn had GF last pre-season.

Punt Road is a big oval so unless he has COVID or only one leg I can't see HTF someone can get lapped twice in 15mins.

He needs to get himself a running coach, stay off the *smile* and improve his 3km time by 2mins over the break.
Stay off the Xmas pudding?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Were these endurance issues present in last preseason?
Some many variables as have touched on - health issues like GF, long COVID etc..has the club asked him to focus on putting on size?
Would love to know his 2km TT time? If it was above 7mins then he has a serious problem.
He has 2 weeks to get running and come back ready to go.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think the role he plays of destined to play he really doesnt need to have elite running capacity and can be worked on to get to a satisfactory level to play his role.

He wont ever be a hard running mid or wing and he will most likely be the Vlastuin replacement if he makes the grade. The club has seen things they really like and drafted him accordingly and other clubs like Geelong & Sydney who have very very good recruiting staff had their eye on him just after where he was selected.

Club has also extended him reinforcing their commitment and belief.

Would love to know his combine results compared to players like Vlastuin/Stewart

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I think the role he plays of destined to play he really doesnt need to have elite running capacity and can be worked on to get to a satisfactory level to play his role.

He wont ever be a hard running mid or wing and he will most likely be the Vlastuin replacement if he makes the grade. The club has seen things they really like and drafted him accordingly and other clubs like Geelong & Sydney who have very very good recruiting staff had their eye on him just after where he was selected.

Club has also extended him reinforcing their commitment and belief.

Would love to know his combine results compared to players like Vlastuin/Stewart
The question on his athleticism has to be asked.
We’re not necessarily expecting him to be an elite runner. We’re asking our pick 17 to be at least mid pack in endurance based running drills. Not repeatedly stone motherless last.
It’s interesting to note that he also played forward as a junior and Clarke has previously suggested that he could move further up the ground. Time will tell but in the meantime think we’d all like to see him run side by side with Vlastuin. That should be minimum benchmark.

Last edited: