Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

Thought he was poor today in patches
Twice he clearly didn’t go hard enough
Had a few mates though

Reactions: 1 user
Slowly building.

Like to see him improve his ground game. That will elevate his game.

His game was good IMO. I'd still like him to receive the handball a bit more regularly to get him involved in more chains, but with 17 disposals and 15 being efficient, he's a very good distributor. He still looked for those dangerous kicks, long and inboard, probably more than anyone else on the park. Need to get as many games as we can into him over the next 2 years, fast track him to 40-50 games and then we'll see how good this guy really can be.

I see very similar things with the way Sonz played yesterday, looked for kicks that others couldn't make, which will be gold once we can get a stronger team on the park, as those are the kicks that can open games up. Need both to accelerate to 50 games asap.

Reactions: 10 users
His game was good IMO. I'd still like him to receive the handball a bit more regularly to get him involved in more chains, but with 17 disposals and 15 being efficient, he's a very good distributor. He still looked for those dangerous kicks, long and inboard, probably more than anyone else on the park. Need to get as many games as we can into him over the next 2 years, fast track him to 40-50 games and then we'll see how good this guy really can be.

I see very similar things with the way Sonz played yesterday, looked for kicks that others couldn't make, which will be gold once we can get a stronger team on the park, as those are the kicks that can open games up. Need both to accelerate to 50 games asap.
A very sensible, realistic and nuanced opinion Posh. (y)

Spot on. It stood out like dogs that these two could make kicks that others couldn't.

We need another 6 or 8 of these type of kickers.

Reactions: 3 users

Exactly, that's one of the things I liked from Brown and Sonsie yesterday, they can kick !!!

Reactions: 4 users
Looking at who can be our ‘Hayden Young’, Freo half back turned very good midfielder- maybe T Brown is the one in a few years.
Is very good in traffic with great vision, hands and feet and deft taps - sees the game ahead of him before he has it.
And he is tall like Fyfe. Just needs to fill out a bit and develop tank but can be done.
Definite midfield chance

Reactions: 3 users
Looking at who can be our ‘Hayden Young’, Freo half back turned very good midfielder- maybe T Brown is the one in a few years.
Is very good in traffic with great vision, hands and feet and deft taps - sees the game ahead of him before he has it.
And he is tall like Fyfe. Just needs to fill out a bit and develop tank but can be done.
Definite midfield chance
Young will go back into hibernation and will be back just in time for the next time Fremantle plays us.
Can we trade Baker for Young??
Vic kid.