Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

I'm not sure I'd bring him straight into the ones.
Normally I wouldn’t either but, under the circumstances, it might be the best thing for his confidence levels. Think he’s a player who performs better at AFL level and will benefit from a clean slate.
We know his best is good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm just a bit worried there's going to be too many changes as it is.
Agree that we need to settle the team but I’d drop MRJ, upgrade Mansell to starting 22 and bring in Sonsie as the sub.
Although I’m not huge on Mansell, don’t think we can drop him after coming on last week as the sub. One more game would be fairer result.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree that we need to settle the team but I’d drop MRJ, upgrade Mansell to starting 22 and bring in Sonsie as the sub.
Although I’m not huge on Mansell, don’t think we can drop him after coming on last week as the sub. One more game would be fairer result.

I'm not sure how that helps the Sonz. He hasn't played a game for a number of weeks, he needs to play the full 4 quarters this week, a sub appearance will not benefit he or the club in the long run.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not sure how that helps the Sonz. He hasn't played a game for a number of weeks, he needs to play the full 4 quarters this week, a sub appearance will not benefit he or the club in the long run.
Won’t have the match fitness for 4 quarters so only alternative then is stick him in the Magoos and let him toil away. That may not give him the results he wants and finds himself stuck there fighting it out with a few others. Some may say fair enough.
I was suggesting we give him first crack in the seniors like they did with Mansell last week and hope he plays himself into first 22 selection.
Risk reward

Last edited:
Start him as sub or something to much skill and quality not to have him in our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Lynch played with no game time last week
Sonsies had a full pre season is fitter and younger than Lynch
and he isn’t coming off injury
no brainer

Reactions: 4 users
You cut the entire facial area off and then holding each cheek remnant in your hands bite off the middle. People do it all the time, fb.

This practice offers additional spite to the face... Hmmmee? My hmearthelly hmmeccohhmenth ith.
I am inclined to look in the mirror and say something cutting to get the job done but you are a hard man Dyer’ere.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I would give him 1-2 weeks in the VFL to get touch as well as wanting him to show he deserves an upgrade

Out: Young - Gibcus - Mansell - Prestia
In : Miller - Brown - Clarke - Macca2

KMac2, Judso are the likely 2 small ins.
Upgrade on speed class and endeavour.
Think we might sit on that for 2 weeks to see how they settle.

So I suspect Sonz gets 2 weeks in the vfl to stake his claim.

Regardless of selection this week he will have plenty of opportunity this season

Reactions: 1 users
Where’s he at?

Touted top five pick, slipped a fair way, has battled injuries and indifferent form, came back in ripping nick over the summer, clean slate with new coach, sublime skills, still not seen after a 0-2 start.

What gives?

Where’s he at?

Touted top five pick, slipped a fair way, has battled injuries and indifferent form, came back in ripping nick over the summer, clean slate with new coach, sublime skills, still not seen after a 0-2 start.

What gives?
He's been suspended. Suspension ended last Thursday.

Reactions: 6 users