Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Where’s he at?

Touted top five pick, slipped a fair way, has battled injuries and indifferent form, came back in ripping nick over the summer, clean slate with new coach, sublime skills, still not seen after a 0-2 start.

What gives?
Suspended for first two weeks couldn‘t play.

Put him straight back in this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Where’s he at?

Touted top five pick, slipped a fair way, has battled injuries and indifferent form, came back in ripping nick over the summer, clean slate with new coach, sublime skills, still not seen after a 0-2 start.

What gives?
Bit hard to play when he’s been suspended.
Eligible to play this weekend.

Lining up in the middle in the VFL.
Fingers crossed his strong preseason translates & he gets some much needed confidence & match fitness up.
We sure need Tyler to step up this year now.

Reactions: 6 users
So Sonz has to earn his recall through the VFL must get 30 touches kick lots of goals but others (Mansell MJ) are rushed straight back you’d think they’re superstars
There's no need for them to earn a recall by starring in our VFL side

Reactions: 1 users
So Sonz has to earn his recall through the VFL must get 30 touches kick lots of goals but others (Mansell MJ) are rushed straight back you’d think they’re superstars
Maybe, just maybe players like Mansell and MJ are being something to the side that others like Sonsie are not and that’s why they get picked, even without an apparent VFL form.

The fact that three coaches now (Hardwick, McQualter and Yze) have preferred Mansell and MJ to others suggests the problem is not the coach or those players but others like Sonsie.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe, just maybe players like Mansell and MJ are being something to the side that others like Sonsie are not and that’s why they get picked, even without an apparent VFL form.

The fact that three coaches now (Hardwick, McQualter and Yze) have preferred Mansell and MJ to others suggests the problem is not the coach or those players but others like Sonsie.
Or the MRC?

I don’t mind Sonsie getting a full VFL game in before he is selected. He hasn’t played for a few weeks. He’ll need the run and game pressure.

Reactions: 1 users
Sonsie has gone blonde. I didn't recognise him. Good on him. Obviously looking for a brownlow.

Sonsie and Mcauliffe putting on a clinic. First quarter 23 possessions and two goals between them.

Cumbo with two quality touches in which he scored 1 and created 1.

They've got tiges 19 points up against last year's premiers (without much help from the support cast (Bar Naismith who has been a class above today)

Reactions: 3 users
Kmac2 and Sons slowed down. Only 36 disposals collectively to half time.

Cumbo 2

Has completely stopped.
I get lack of match practice but he’s stopped competing which is the knock I’ve had on him previously

Or it suggests after 3 coaches the coach has very limited say in who is picked to play in the side

• Haha
26 disposals, 8 marks, cramping in last quarter (like a few others), looks like a reasonable work ethic to me. plus he'll be better for the run.

Reactions: 10 users
Long way off AFL. Skills can only get you so far. Work ethic is a big worry
Are you kidding? Did you watch the game? 26 disposals and a goal. Some exquisite use too. Clearly 2nd best on ground behind MacAuliffe.

Reactions: 9 users