Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
On the other hand, he has a body of work at VFL level better than any of our other young players. 7 games of 30+ disposals, 21 games of 20+ disposals and regularly hits the scoreboard across 29 games to date.

Sonsie has his issues but is undeniably talented.
Yes, it seems people like to focus on his flaws but not his attributes. His delivery to leading forwards is fantastic, and can do it on both feet. He’s a consistent ball winner and showed that in 2022 in the AFL when he averaged 18 disposals and 7 score involvements across 7 games. He has shown he can play at the level, last year we stuck him deep forward then on a wing then didn’t play him again. Play him high half forward/rotating mid in the AFL and I’m sure he’ll match or better those 2022 numbers

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
The comparison I want to make is Lids. All the talent by foot but not the running power, maybe the blonde tips are doing it? But sidebum sounds about right. Makes up for his lack of pace with precision use.

But as we all know, fine words butter no parsnips.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Sonz was playing as the outside player at stoppages and MacAuliffe as the inside player. Many times yesterday it was MacA to Sonz Who then distributed it precisely (mostly).
Compare that to Hopper and Taranto who both jump on it and handball into each other's faces.

I like the Sonsie-McAuliffe juxtaposition.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Sonz was playing as the outside player at stoppages and MacAuliffe as the inside player. Many times yesterday it was MacA to Sonz Who then distributed it precisely (mostly).
Hacked the crap out of the ball in the second half, dinky round the corner turnover kicks when he had time n space to settle. Even his goal in the first half was a pure hide in the forward pocket lurk that almost hit the post from ten metres out because he had to do a dribble kick while there was no-one any where near him, and this is simply at magoos level, not AFL heat level.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
im inclined to call him Cinderella his slippers are so beautiful
FMD. If he's playing pure outside soft *smile*. Then he's got to be playing with carving knives n razor blades not pretty little dancing slippers. He's not hurting the opposition with virtually every possession he gets at magoos level. How's he gunna do it when the heat doubles down at senior level?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
The comparison I want to make is Lids. All the talent by foot but not the running power, maybe the blonde tips are doing it? But sidebum sounds about right. Makes up for his lack of pace with precision use.

But as we all know, fine words butter no parsnips.
So now we're putting Sonz into the category alongside Lids n Sidearse. Aaargh, at this point in time he's about as comparable as an ingrown pube to those blokes.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
So now we're putting Sonz into the category alongside Lids n Sidearse. Aaargh, at this point in time he's about as comparable as an ingrown pube to those blokes.
I was just enjoying your last cantankerous anti sonz post TM. I have no idea how he’ll end up but I’m hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
So there’s a chance he could develop into a sook and a whinging diver?
That'd be a hard running sook and whinging diver while also being a generally elite distributor, decent goal kicker and premiership player at senior level. I'll be more than happy if the Sonz develops to this level, but so far sadly. i'm not seeing it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Big day for Tyler. Lets see if the strong preseason translates to snr footy. He'll need every bit of that conditioning against the running power of Sydney's midfield.
Fingers & toes crossed.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
After a summer of Sonz getting better with every game he didn’t play I hope he doesn’t play an average one and have PRE flip to “dud, delist”.

• Haha

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
It's a bit of a hiding to nothing coming in against the form team of the competition, when we are at the edge of our limited depth.

If he can do more than Dow, I'll be happy.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Team n game wise I'm expecting very little this year. New coach learning what he's got to build with n a list that's smack bang in a transition period.
Sonz like many of the other youngsters gets the chance to put the hand up today n show that he's got enough game to build from so I'm hoping he does well just as I do for all our young blokes coming through.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's a bit of a hiding to nothing coming in against the form team of the competition, when we are at the edge of our limited depth.

If he can do more than Dow, I'll be happy.
I expect I'll do more than Dow, and I'll be sitting in the 2nd level of the Ponsford Stand.