Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'd like to see him on ball before casting judgement but is he quick enough to be this outside midfielder everyone keeps mentioning?

Agree that there just doesn't seem to be an intensity about him. Won't be at all surprised if he's not in the team next week against Melbourne.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Never been a Sonsie fanboi (like many on here) and still not TBH.

Not strong enough in his attack on the footy to be a midfielder, or the pace to play half forward/wing that you need elite runners for.

Also has a bad habit of rushing his disposal when physical contact is coming. That was on display against St Kilda.

Hopefully improves those areas, but hasn't really as yet.

Still holds true. Was pretty average again yesterday with the same limitations holding him back.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Doesn't have the size or strength to be a contested on baller so needs N Daicos like reaction, agility and movement in and around packs to make it as a midfielder.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Doesn't have the size or strength to be a contested on baller so needs N Daicos like reaction, agility and movement in and around packs to make it as a midfielder.
Pretty sure N. Daicos gets a flogging off the oppo players near on every week n still tears massive holes in games. Sonz on the other hand?????

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
There’s a reason he went Pick 28. Just doesn’t have it unfortunately. Should have taken Soligo

looking through 2021 draft gee StKilda picked up windhager & Owens as NGA players for picks 48, 54 & 57

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Stick him at half back.
If we are going to get beat at stoppages again like we did on Sunday we should stick everyone at half back!

I would probably rather they give Tom Brown Short's job of running around trying to get easy kicks, but otherwise it could be worth a go. Its an easy position if you work hard.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dropped as I suspected.
It's a big concern for Tyler I reckon & this half forward experiment probably an early cross for Yze.

The excuses will come but I'm starting to have big doubts whether he's going to make the grade. Lack of speed & most particularly intensity are not AFL traits that you want..
Hopefullty they play him on the ball in the twos & he carves it up.
Needs to be demanding a snr starting position this year & hasn't taken this opportunity.

Reactions: 8 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Needs to cover the ground and get to work if he’s gonna make it. Isn’t a natural goer though and likes to cruise. Up against it.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'm still hoping its a young player finding his way, uncertainty and doubt hanging over him. Half forward is a difficult position and 6 touches isn't always a bad return.
With Dusty and Shai around its a case of keep out of the way.

HAving saId that he's dropped and has an oppo to get form in the 2s.

I came on here to suggest a run at half back. Beat me to it Smokin A's.
With Short out its a good spot to get the ball and feel comfortable. Think that will be a good spot for him when he returns.
He gets a chance in the early game to show his desire and ability to get the pill

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
There’s a reason he went Pick 28. Just doesn’t have it unfortunately. Should have taken Soligo

looking through 2021 draft gee StKilda picked up windhager & Owens as NGA players for picks 48, 54 & 57
This. We are to blame for a heap of dud draft picks. So glad and relieved WCE have poached Clark from us - they will find out. We are getting dudded by clubs like the Aints these days.
But our next appointee was ejected from exactly there - Toce. I'm worried.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
I know it’s a bit of a running joke amongst us when Dimma would throw everyone off hb at some stage of their career. It is an easy position to play but it’s also a position that can make you look stupid if you don’t work hard- so in this case I’m in 💯 in agreeance of the suggestion to play him off hb

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Really really disappointing.
He Hasn't got a hard ball in his game.
He is another that loves the outside game but has the pace of a turtle.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It is an easy position to play but it’s also a position that can make you look stupid if you don’t work hard- so in this case I’m in 💯 in agreeance of the suggestion to play him off hb
That's absolutely the reason I wouldn't want to see him playing off half back.