Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Might need to get your eyes checked friend
Had that done just a few weeks back n they're fine.
As I said, perhaps it's just the way I'm processing what I'm seeing, but to me he just seems to be a bit of an accumulator without achieving much impact and this is currently at magoos level against two stand alone teams with no AFL listed players. Been plenty of hype about him pre draft and since but I'm not sure why. Far from writing him off in any way, just gunna continue to watch n wait for a while n see where things go.

Reactions: 2 users
He needs to be selected to play every single week for the next 12 years..
Just do it Hardwick

Reactions: 1 users
Never going to be a burst type player but his football IQ and skills are elite. He is 20 and dominated yesterday - don’t care who the opponent was. His skills are a point of difference and needed in the seniors.

Reactions: 9 users
As I said, perhaps it's just the way I'm processing what I'm seeing, but to me he just seems to be a bit of an accumulator without achieving much impact and this is currently at magoos level against two stand alone teams with no AFL listed players. Been plenty of hype about him pre draft and since but I'm not sure why. Far from writing him off in any way, just gunna continue to watch n wait for a while n see where things go.
An accumulator? He is damaging with ball in hand, hence last year he averaged 7 score involvements from his 17 disposals per game in the AFL. He’s a beautiful kick on both feet, has great hands in tight, can play inside and outside. Can’t want too much more from a 20 year old I’d have thought

Reactions: 8 users
The Sonz has got a good all round game, ie, can win his own ball, but I reckon he will really shine if he's played as a first receiver. With the likes of Prestia, Taranto and Hopper dishing the ball out to him, he will be able to show off his good foot skills which Tom, Jack and Samson will love.

Reactions: 7 users
Graham doesn’t get dropped.

Take your pick from Ralphsmith Mansell Ross and Clarke
They are required outs for the other returnees I would think (not sure about Short). I would drop Clarke, Mansell and Ralphsmith or Ross for Martin, Sonsie and Hopper.

Reactions: 1 user
They are required outs for the other returnees I would think (not sure about Short). I would drop Clarke, Mansell and Ralphsmith or Ross for Martin, Sonsie and Hopper.
Hardwick said Short will play.

The Sonz has got a good all round game, ie, can win his own ball, but I reckon he will really shine if he's played as a first receiver. With the likes of Prestia, Taranto and Hopper dishing the ball out to him, he will be able to show off his good foot skills which Tom, Jack and Samson will love.
Hope so. He's had a couple of games now to get some match fitness up so it shouldn't be long before he's pushing for a senior spot again and we'll get a good chance to see him in action at the top level.
He'll be an interesting watch for me, does he shine surrounded by better quality players or does the extra heat n intensity curtail his ability?

Get him in. Drop Ross or Graham.
On form you would not drop Ross or Graham surely. With the many pre-season injuries that have carried into the start of this season the biggest issue facing Hardwick is team management and balance.

Not his strong suit at all. He makes things worse by deliberately playing players out of position to “create more versatility in the players” which is an indulgence the win/loss ratio of the last two years cannot indulge!

In fact he’s coaching as though he still has the list he had in 2019.

He still has not worked out the right balance across selection (with what’s available) and he continues to experiment.

Not good signs from the coach

Sonz was buzzing around the stoppages all day. A great addition to our midfield mix. Hugo, Clarke, Samson and Mansell would be the ones on the brink, though you also suspect Cumbo is in that bracket.

Never going to be a burst type player but his football IQ and skills are elite. He is 20 and dominated yesterday - don’t care who the opponent was. His skills are a point of difference and needed in the seniors.

His opponent who played very close at stoppages was no.4 20yo Flynn Gentile (his manager has apparently given up landing a bagel endorsement)

Similar size and type

They were strangers around the ground, and the coburg kid got plenty of ball but didnt do the damage.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Don't be, I reckon today is his last tick off day back to full fitness, am expecting a good game from him. Hopefully Coburg oval is not the bog it used to be when it got a bit of rain.
I was tongue in cheek big C!
Posters worried that Sonz was injured again in the preseason, hence my lament that he hadnt even played a game this year (it was before R1!!!)

Sounds like he played well and is coming along fine

Tyler Sonsie (37 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven clearances, six tackles)

"Was outstanding on the day with 37 disposals and high contested possession numbers. He teamed up with Thomson Dow extremely well in the midfield to gain ascendancy on the day after a quiet first quarter from our midfielders."

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Tyler Sonsie (37 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven clearances, six tackles)

"Was outstanding on the day with 37 disposals and high contested possession numbers. He teamed up with Thomson Dow extremely well in the midfield to gain ascendancy on the day after a quiet first quarter from our midfielders."
Can't ask for much more than what he dished up in the 2s. Must be promoted this week.