Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Looking for a lift this week from the Sonz. Hopefully he will run into full fitness over the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought he was the lone cub that earned his stripes tonight. Still working towards fitness, only 70% time on ground but seemed to make the right decision and execute well when in possession.

Reactions: 4 users
I thought he was the lone cub that earned his stripes tonight. Still working towards fitness, only 70% time on ground but seemed to make the right decision and execute well when in possession.
Thought he had zero impact myself

Reactions: 1 user
Thought he had zero impact myself
He wasn't damaging but he was clean in possession and always seems to give it off to a player in space or in a better position than himself. I understand that it's a low bar but it can't be said for many of our blokes after tonight's performance.
As he builds his tank and confidence at the level I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous with his ball movement and take the game on more via foot but overall thought he was a level above our other juniors tonight.

Reactions: 3 users
Needs to play midfield, not forward. We needs his vision and kicking in the midfield.

It’s the balance

It’s elite

He reminds me of Nick del Santo

Poised and neat in the best way possible

• Wow
Simply another youngster we need to keep pushing games into. Does simple, safe n neat footy well at the moment which is probably a fair bit better than some of our senior blokes are doing.

He wasn't damaging but he was clean in possession and always seems to give it off to a player in space or in a better position than himself. I understand that it's a low bar but it can't be said for many of our blokes after tonight's performance.
As he builds his tank and confidence at the level I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous with his ball movement and take the game on more via foot but overall thought he was a level above our other juniors tonight.
The thing about the Sonz is he gets rid of the ball quickly so you don’t notice half of his possessions. They nearly all hit a target.

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure whether the Sonz will ever be an inside mid. Needs to be played where he can best utilise his great foot skills.

What's his best position?

How about he starts on Marlion's wing for centre bounces, Marlion to take the centre bounce and then swap with the Sonz.

The Sonz coming in from the wing after a centre bounce, and hitting up our forwards sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Sonsie being omitted is Dimma and the match committees second biggest blunder for the year - after not playing Cumberland - which was frankly ludicrous. We must get AFL games into one of our most skilled young players.

I dont know. Maybe that last quarter against Sydney was not of the required effort?

Reactions: 1 user