Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’m willing to forgive attitude issues in COVID times, I’ve been less than stellar at times myself.

Give me 5 picks inside 30 and I’m punting one pick on a top 5 talent with a questionable attitude.

Helps he gets to learn from his idol who might have the best attitude in the game. I’ll bet London to a brick we see the Sonz playing with the tackers at Chateau Cotchin on an instagram story in four weeks.

Reactions: 10 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I’m willing to forgive attitude issues in COVID times, I’ve been less than stellar at times myself.

Give me 5 picks inside 30 and I’m punting one pick on a top 5 talent with a questionable attitude.

Helps he gets to learn from his idol who might have the best attitude in the game. I’ll bet London to a brick we see the Sonz playing with the tackers at Chateau Cotchin on an instagram story in four weeks.
From what I was told by some guys that know him quite well is that is no attitude problem at all with Tyler. It was more he had a charmed run till the end of his u16 year then had a heap of injuries and COVID for the 2 years and it affected him quite badly. No big issue there me thinks. By all reports A great fella who will work his backside off.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
From what I was told by some guys that know him quite well is that is no attitude problem at all with Tyler. It was more he had a charmed run till the end of his u16 year then had a heap of injuries and COVID for the 2 years and it affected him quite badly. No big issue there me thinks. By all reports A great fella who will work his backside off.
So perhaps more about learning resilience?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
if that is all it takes, then future Tigers have the blueprint now.

“I just want to be a Tiger.”

Job done.
All jokes aside don't know why more kids don't take this approach. Imagine growing up a passionate tiger fan then you get drafted by Carlton. It'll be enough to throw the towel in. I can understand kids on the fringes saying they'll be happy playing anywhere, but a gun junior who will definitely be picked up can afford to pick and choose.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
All jokes aside don't know why more kids don't take this approach. Imagine growing up a passionate tiger fan then you get drafted by Carlton. It'll be enough to throw the towel in. I can understand kids on the fringes saying they'll be happy playing anywhere, but a gun junior who will definitely be picked up can afford to pick and choose.
Because it could be construed as draft tampering and get them suspended before they play a game.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Like the opposite of Carlton supporting Cotchin becoming a Tiger legend

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

The Nathan Buckley Method

has been proven to produce 0% ultimate team success.

This method is more If you want to create a brand,

of a conceited alpha sook*

*fwiw, I think Bucks grew and rebranded. I dont mind greybeard Bucks.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
He ended up at at the greatest club so it's not the same. He supported Geelong btw.

Had it in the back of my mind from when he was drafted that he said he was a Carlton supporter. It was in an interview after that draft.

Anyway most likely I am wrong as there have been many beers drunk since then

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Had it in the back of my mind from when he was drafted that he said he was a Carlton supporter. It was in an interview after that draft.

Anyway most likely I am wrong as there have been many beers drunk since then
Cotch said he barracked for Geelong up on the stage in our GF win against them.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The Nathan Buckley Method

has been proven to produce 0% ultimate team success.

This method is more If you want to create a brand,

of a conceited alpha sook*

*fwiw, I think Bucks grew and rebranded. I dont mind greybeard Bucks.
winning a flag at Carlton would be the equivalent of finding $5 on the footpath.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users