Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Im sure it wont be a major issue , richmond wouldnt have drafted him if that was the situation

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Hawthorn bought the character issue up and now every news article seems to be running with it.
Dyson Heppell anyone?
I reckon if Hawthorn turned up and had a chance to get me and I was tiger fan I'd be able to put on and act a pretty neat little attitude too.
Go tigers.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
That’s funny , they’re great mates and, went to school together
McDonald was Dandenong Stingrays and went to Hailbury College.
Sonsie was Eastern Ranges and went to Rowville Sports Academy.
Think they played junior football together in Lysterfield along with Jake Soligo.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Even if Sonsie does have a problem and I bet the club would be fully aware of it before drafting him, the club is the once place in the game where he will be helped to grow and be part of a club unit as we have done with a number of supposed lame ducks all to our benefit
If we can straighten out Stack given his issues then getting Sonsie to do everything right should take about 5mins.

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A throw away line & the bloke is an idiot & clearly in the wrong game !!!

Just sayin I dont reckon
Yeah, i havent seen the comments, but i would guess the recruiter was talking up McDonald rather than talking down The Sonz.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah, i havent seen the comments, but i would guess the recruiter was talking up McDonald rather than talking down The Sonz.
I'm actually wondering who the bloke is...?
Throwaway line or whatever, the use of the word character is really ordinary. Are we sure N.Guy isn't part of the hawks now?
There was a man adept at thinking on his feet!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Think they played junior football together in Lysterfield along with Jake Soligo.

McDonald was at RSA before being given a scholarship to Hailbury

Reactions: 1 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Amazing result for Lysterfield Junior footy club. That's three kids in the top 40 of the draft.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Did the Sonz rock up to the Hawthorn interview with a bucket of KFC?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
FFS if recruiters are still gun shy about ‘character’ they shouldn’t be working at the highest level.

Back your systems in. Back your welfare staff in. Back your camaraderie, your culture, the *smile* in.

And most importantly, understand that these recruits are just kids. Who knows *smile* from clay when they’re 18?

A wonderful time to be alive, but no young lad is at their wisest, let’s be honest.

Recruiters are looking at works in progress on every level.

If Sonsie is truly a top five talent that’s an indictment on 17 other recruiting teams. And another win for the only club who has grasped how to be truly inclusive.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
FFS if recruiters are still gun shy about ‘character’ they shouldn’t be working at the highest level.

Back your systems in. Back your welfare staff in. Back your camaraderie, your culture, the *smile* in.

And most importantly, understand that these recruits are just kids. Who knows *smile* from clay when they’re 18?

A wonderful time to be alive, but no young lad is at their wisest, let’s be honest.

If Sonsie is truly a top five talent that’s an indictment on 17 other recruiting teams. And another win for the only club who has grasped how to be truly inclusive.
yes, I think back to myself at 18 and cringe :eek:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Understand the sentiment but every now and then a Billy Nicholls, Ty Zantuck or Tom Hislop slips through hence talent isn't everything.