Welcome Will Martyn | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Will Martyn

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Will Martyn won coaches MVP in QAFL.

Clearance machine.

Probably has enough to compensate lack of exposiveness in the 2nds, dominate the 3rds,

But not the 1sts.

Pace/explosiveness is probably THE Primary modern determinant for success i reckon

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Will Martyn won coaches MVP in QAFL.

Clearance machine.

Probably has enough to compensate lack of exposiveness in the 2nds, dominate the 3rds,

But not the 1sts.

Pace/explosiveness is probably THE Primary modern determinant for success i reckon
Did we ever play him in the middle??

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I just keep remembering HBF all the time. Flank, flank, flank. Must be a curse at the club.

Maybe? But if you cant make an impact on a HBF, your not gonna impact anywhere. Hes 100% inside mid at QAFL level, which i reckon is about VFL/sanfl/wafl reserves grade. Maybe a touch better amongst the top sides?

Aspley were relegated from VFL to QAFL and are 10 goals better than them all

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Did we ever play him in the middle??
Yea in our usual give a kid a break in ,last game of the year , played well that day too . I’ve oft thought that some players are starved of opportunities relative to others ,,,,did he win the VFL bf in his last yea r , I think he did

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Yea in our usual give a kid a break in ,last game of the year , played well that day too . I’ve oft thought that some players are starved of opportunities relative to others ,,,,did he win the VFL bf in his last yea r , I think he did
Martyn played 3 games, all in 2021 after being drafted with pick 44 in the 2019 draft. His first game was round 4 against Port over there. He had 12 disposal and was frankly awful, looked completely out of his depth.

He wasn’t starved of opportunities, he just wasn’t good enough to earn any more.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This says more about the QAFL then anything else.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
This says more about the QAFL then anything else.
yeah, great to see an ex-tiger go well, but it has no relevance to his career with us.
The VFL is a big drop off from the AFL, the QAFFLE is another rung down.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
When we finally get through a review of The Great Potato Glut Will Martyn will feature prominently. He is the poster boy.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Had to look this one up.
now i'm trying to decode it into football terms
the great dyer'ere has riddles coated in enigmas inside time dimensions. marvel's metaverse got nothing.
I thought the Great’ere had left the e off glute - as in Martyn was the poster boy for the great Richmond potatoe glute - which works for me just as well.

• Haha

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
good on him for continuing to play the game ... others would drop their heads and shelve it ...

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
When the Will Martyn thread is at the top of the page, it's going to be the most *smile* boring finals and offseason ever.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users