Welcome Will Martyn | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Will Martyn

Before I'd play Martyn in the seniors at HB I'd be putting Stack there. And Brown and maybe Banks (if not wing) in short time.
Dimma's redundancy method. Martyn might be being groomed as Vlastuin back-up. 187/88. Different to Stack.

He's on the list. He's probably not an AFL midfielder. At least yet. Why not see if he adds value elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Dimma's redundancy method. Martyn might be being groomed as Vlastuin back-up. 187/88. Different to Stack.

He's on the list. He's probably not an AFL midfielder. At least yet. Why not see if he adds value elsewhere.
I reckon pretty much every "small" on the list has played down back at some stage under Hardwick.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. It expands their game. Allows them to improve use/decision-making/play-reading, and accountability.
Yep, some have been written off because of the move, sometimes Hardwick has been bagged for playing someone out of position, but often it is a long term move to round out their game. and sometimes, (see D Rioli and L Baker) the player becomes an unexpected star.

Yep, some have been written off because of the move, sometimes Hardwick has been bagged for playing someone out of position, but often it is a long term move to round out their game. and sometimes, (see D Rioli and L Baker) the player becomes an unexpected star.
After Jayden Short kicked 3 on debut he not long after went back to the VFL and was soon on a HBF. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Love
Some like George and Jack are just too valuable to be moved away from where they are.
Pretty sure he came to us a small defender. as you say thankfully the MC pretty quickly realised his "skill set" was best suited away from the opposition goals.

Following the Jack Ross model. looking to round out his outside game. Ross played plenty of VFL at HB.
We recruited a bunch of inside midfielders & then AFL turned our game into netball.
Need to develop what we've got. Transition is not a dirty word.

Sad that this bloke didn't make it. Somehow became one of those 'ghost' players who seem to just remain hidden in the 2nds a lot and not seen, heard or spoken of their progression at a club.

Reactions: 3 users
Sad that this bloke didn't make it. Somehow became one of those 'ghost' players who seem to just remain hidden in the 2nds a lot and not seen, heard or spoken of their progression at a club.
Was thinking the same thing. Texted my son (18) about the delistings and he wasn’t sure who Will Martyn was. Covid seemed to have hidden some of these boys to the masses.