What are you looking forward to in 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2023

So 4-6 weeks ago , Pies we’re getting Timbo , Cats we’re getting The Hop , Dusty was retiring to Mauritius, Graham was heading home , then the IVy MK2 was of the GWS for opportunity, well well well ( that’s 3 holes in the ground) they all play for the mighty Tiges in 2023 , you could tickle me with a feather

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So 4-6 weeks ago , Pies we’re getting Timbo , Cats we’re getting The Hop , Dusty was retiring to Mauritius, Graham was heading home , then the IVy MK2 was of the GWS for opportunity, well well well ( that’s 3 holes in the ground) they all play for the mighty Tiges in 2023 , you could tickle me with a feather
All we need now is for Syd to get another contract.

RFCs great football with a reinvigourated midfield...

and Geelong falling off the windowsill ..

Reactions: 2 users
A strong midfield will transform us next season. Hopefully we will still blood some of our kids to spell the aging seniors in readiness for 2024

Reactions: 1 users
Has to be a return to the top 4 as a minimum with the road we have gone down.

Looking forward to seeing how the second ruck/third forward position plays out.

Less rain, no personal or family dramas, good health and watching the mighty Tigers win game after game after game. Oh and win the Grand Final too!

• Love
Large crowds at the MCG.
Punt Road redevelopment all confirmed with a start date.
Smash Bombers, Geelong and Carlton.
Umpires pay less frees.
Stand rule and ruck nomination to be cancelled, by the new AFL CEO who wants to make footy more enjoyable to fans.
League divided on who is the best player in the league Dusty or Shai.
Shai signs a long term contract.
Richmond win our 14th flag, with Tom Lynch kicking us to victory.

Reactions: 6 users
S
People keep saying this but I'm yet to hear a solution to it that doesn't involve returning to allowing as many players as you like contest the ruck and therefore killing off ruckman for good.
Simple , ump throws it up only one player from each team can contest , if 2 from one team both go up , free to opposition……..blocking may be an issue

Reactions: 3 users
S

Simple , ump throws it up only one player from each team can contest , if 2 from one team both go up , free to opposition……..blocking may be an issue

That's it though, it's not simple because blocking will be a massive issue.

Ball up in Geelong's forward 50 and you've got Stanley, Blicavs, Hawkins and Rategolea all around the ball.

If you don't nominate then no defender can have touch on any of them and would have to be a metre away. And of course you don't have to be tall to be a ruckman so you can extrapolate out to every player at every stoppage from every team.

It would be an unmitigated disaster.

The only way it can be done is with nominations or back to the old rule when anyone could go up at any time.

Reactions: 1 user