What is jack martin worth and should we grab im ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is jack martin worth and should we grab im ??

What is jack martin worth and should we grab im ??

• End of 1st

• 2nd

• One of our late 2nd picks

• 3rd or 4th

• Pre season or rookie

• Don’t want im

• Cheese sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Watcha recon? I think a first rounder would not be a stretch on talent but unsure about form or risks.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I assume he,ll skip the national draft and nominate for the psd where Either the Suns will redraft him (unlikely) or he goes to either Melbourne or Carlton.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
We couldn’t afford him as he will put a $ on his head to get to Carlton!

Dees would be stupid not to enquire about his services.
You would think they have enough cap space to afford him if he nominates for the PSD!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have no chance..
We have the last selection in both preseason and national drafts.
Maybe if it was 2004. Maybe.
Hard choice between Danny Meyer or Jack Martin

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Can't see how we'd get him. He'll be going for the PSD draft for sure if he doesn't stay with GC.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
His a good player coming into his prime.

I'd say our offer should be

'if you give him to us for nothing, we will respect an embargo on facilitating any more of your players receiving premiership medals with us, for a period of 2 years'

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Salary cap may be the only issue in the future. You’d think he’s to good to pass on. My feeling is that he would be an absolute gun with the right team structure around him.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not sure what he's worth.
a) Is he that good, at least in what he's shown so far? He has potential but that's a gamble, just like taking another promising kid in the draft instead or
b) Do we even need him? We look to have most bases covered now we have kept Mena, Kmac with Stack and Marlion to come on, Higgo back
See comparison with BEllis; makes a joke of talk about a first for Martin, and the AFL's insulting compo pick (only about 1.5 years younger):

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Martin's had some pretty good games in his career. Wouldn't get to us but would be a handy proposition for the right price. I hope he doesn't get to Carlton. They don't deserve him.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Not sure what he's worth.
a) Is he that good, at least in what he's shown so far? He has potential but that's a gamble, just like taking another promising kid in the draft instead or
b) Do we even need him? We look to have most bases covered now we have kept Mena, Kmac with Stack and Marlion to come on, Higgo back
See comparison with BEllis; makes a joke of talk about a first for Martin, and the AFL's insulting compo pick (only about 1.5 years younger):

We got robbed on Ellis
But we got lynch for conca so ...

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’m not worried about acquiring Martin.
but I’d do it to annoy Carlton.

I bet Martin would prefer to get to us than the blues. But that’s probably like 98% of footballers.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We'll just grab Bennell and run our magic wand over him. He'll then fulfill his talent with Pickett and Stackie and the AFL will melt after he dominates the 2020 GF for the Tigers with Stackie and Marlion and Lynch.

Then Harley gets the Normie just for a giggle :))

And Tigers fans bask in the sun and saline as we got them all for nuthin!!

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Don't want or need him.

Blues will be paying him way overs if the 700k rumours are close

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
$700,000 a year for a player that couldn't get a game for the worst team in the comp.

Bizarre times.

Reactions: 2 users