What is your preferred ruck combination for the Finals? And Why? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is your preferred ruck combination for the Finals? And Why?

What is your referred ruck combination for the Finals? And Why?

• Nank and Chol

Votes: 75 73.5%
  • Nank and Soldo

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Soldo and Chol

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nank on his own

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Soldo on his own

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Houli still on your fringe Lambsfry?
Gee you’re a hard man to please.
I do however totally agree with you and would have one of Caddy or McKintosh relieving in the ruck for 10 minutes a quarter. You can’t possibly convince me that other than the centre bounce that they couldn’t be more effective around the ground than Soldo or Chol.
And can I please be devils advocate and clear up the notion that Gawn didn’t destroy them on Saturday night? They barely halved one single marking contest against him. Please hurry back Nanks.
Its not even 10mins a quarter. Nank will ruck at least 80%. That leaves about 6mins. Put anyone in the centre square for sny CBs then get Jack or Lynch to have a run around the ground. Astbury could take ruck contests in the back 50.

Or we play Chol. I am slightly waivering on Soldo as the 2nd ruck, but then i remember Nank is No1. He should ruck at least 60, but more likely at least 70% of game time. Soldo cannot play forward other than the very occasional 2mins. And he cannot sit on the bench for 60-70% of games.
The Nando combo also leaves us exposed to injury, and being forced to play Soldo more often than preferred.

Great news is Nank is back to his best, apparently BOG or close to this week in 2nds.

Its an interesting one, I think ToO called it in Preseason that big Soldo had improved, I was skeptical as hes around the ground work was poor, I think he adds a lot to centre square and hes around the ground has improved A lot!! His 2nd/3rd efforts are there for all to see..

Interesting problem to have, would never have thought this would be the case in March this year!

And can I please be devils advocate and clear up the notion that Gawn didn’t destroy them on Saturday night? They barely halved one single marking contest against him. Please hurry back Nanks.

Gawn played much of the game as an old-fashioned follower.

Project player or not, can't excuse anyone having three touches in a match. Not at this stage of the season.

Reactions: 1 user
Nank's previous game against Gawn, R5, 2018:
Gawn 16 disposals, 6 marks (3 contested), 56 hitouts, 8 tackles, 1 clearance, 7 1%ers
Nank 14 disposals, 0 marks, 19 hitouts, 1 goal, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 10 1%ers

Sat. night:
Gawn 19 disposals, 9 marks (2 contested), 26 hitouts, 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 6 1%ers
Soldo 13 disposals, 1 mark, 14 hitouts, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 2 1%ers

The forgotten man in all this is Balta. They sent him back to the VFL to learn defence, yet in the last quarter on Saturday they had him as a ruck-rover to CuJo and then centre square ruck. Interesting.

So Chank is officially referred

the 100 vote PRE poll gets it right again.

I liked seeing Chol help out with Mason Cox. I like that Chol kicks straight and I wonder if the intensity of a final series won't provide a permanent cure for Chol's mental issues.

We've got something special coming up behind all these guys in Coleman-Jones.

Gets a lot of it around the ground, can go forward and kick a goal.

Probably still a work in progress re his ruck craft, but that's easier to teach, than trying to teach someone to actually be a footballer.

A lot of the ruck craft will improve as he develops his frame too. I'm very bullish about this guys prospects.

Wonderful thread to visit with the benefit of hindsight. We’ve gone from having almost no rucks to an embarrassment of riches.

Interesting times ahead on who gets the nod toe ruck with Soldo for Round 1.

I like the look of CCJ but for me Nank gets over the line...just. Hardwick always gives his tried and tested players the right to hold their spot in the team.

I like the look of CCJ but for me Nank gets over the line...just. Hardwick always gives his tried and tested players the right to hold their spot in the team.

Our problem is compounded in that our ruck stocks are young. It's not like we have an old workhorse who would benefit from being rested. Nank, at 25, is our oldest. That's still a teenager in ruck years.

Our problem is compounded in that our ruck stocks are young. It's not like we have an old workhorse who would benefit from being rested. Nank, at 25, is our oldest. That's still a teenager in ruck years.
Yeah true. Hence why Nank gets the gig. One thing he does better than the other two is he has the ability to become another midfielder.

Gotta be some doubt on Nank’s fitness doesn’t there? He hasn’t played a game yet has he?

apparently Nackers killed it in the VFL praccie game yesterday
Fair enough. If’s he’s fit you’d assume Dimma will go with the blokes that have done it for him in the past.

Soldo and Nank. CCJ will have to bide his time. But he’s a good prospect for us.

Soldo and Nank is the obvious choice, it helps that this is the combination which won us a flag last year.

The trick is to keep CCJ. We need to play him somewhere or he will look for better opportunities elsewhere.

DS