Where are they now?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are they now??

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Sharing a liquid refreshment with Tooheys at the Wang game, we mentioned a few of the old Punt roaders an it got me thinking of some of the quality posters who have gone from the forum world....names like Geofferyprettboy, Capatainmadcow, TigerBob, Missing33, Redford, Struggletown3121, Dyer disciple , Claw, Disco08, Jayfox an I'm sure there's many others, most of those were good footy brains who made this forum bloody good.....an then there was others like cut an paste Craig....where are they now I ask ??

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Same with mb64 and jb03. Looks like only evo, Harry and Leysy are the sole survivors of the PRE Rat Pack. ;D

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ [/youtube]

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good call Craig Cameron.
Been some fine posters over the years who are no longer here for whatever reason.
Fortunately a few good ones have come along in their absence but PRE was fantastic back in it's heyday.
Faces a bit more competition from the likes of Twitter and FB with the younger generation too.

Haven't seen Dyer'ere on here for some time. TOT70 too has been a notable absentee.
Hopefully a few come back at the start of the season proper. Be nice to see some of the names in your OP back here too.

I've been on the forum for 10 years this year. Amazing..

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
2 of my favs there ToO, Dyerere speaks a language that I'm unfamiliar with an TOT70 is definatly one of the finest out of the Pre factory

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Hopefully a few come back at the start of the season proper. Be nice to see some of the names in your OP back here too.

I heard Redmond's still locked up at Guantanamo Bay ;D

Tigers of Old said:

Same here. Does Rosy give out Myer vouchers for 10 years service?

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Tigers of Old said:
Good call Craig Cameron.
Been some fine posters over the years who are no longer here for whatever reason.
Fortunately a few good ones have come along in their absence but PRE was fantastic back in it's heyday.
Faces a bit more competition from the likes of Twitter and FB with the younger generation too.

Haven't seen Dyer'ere on here for some time. TOT70 too has been a notable absentee.

dyer'ere is PRE's plugger lockett. never seems to do a preseason. I suppose you could die in your tiger beanie having a cup of tea and become a cob-webbed skeleton wearing a tiger beanie, finger bones wrapped around a tea cup, and none of us in cyberspace would ever really know. Thats kind of reassuring, in a way.

sweet liam mcbean ...... just checked my profile and ive done an 8 year stretch @ a post a day. :shakehead

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jb03 is an odd one. Stopped making posts earlier last year but continued to register votes in the PRE
player of the year poll.

Disco08's self imposed exile is the saddest I reckon. For something non football related.

I still think an amnesty isn't a bad idea. The ferals might be less fetal now that we're finally regular finalists.

Except Redford of course, he was always wrong.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Class of 2004 here as well. Coincides with the PRE Rookie fundraising bring written up in the media.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
linuscambridge said:
Me too. 2004 was a good year for posters.

We were an angry mob looking to solve the problems of Richmond's universe in those days linus.
Brought out the best (and worst) in us. ;D

Gustiger12, Pharace and Crystal other notable departures among others.

Sentimental thread.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Baloo said:
Class of 2004 here as well. Coincides with the PRE Rookie fundraising bring written up in the media.

Rosy recruited well in that season especially with duds like me. ;D

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Punxatawny Phil another.

Yeah very quiet ATM, a quick glance shows around half as many posts happening as 12 mths ago. Probably a combination of - good posters gone, Tigers getting it right on-field and Leysy not being able to wind Disco08 up anymore.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Tigers of Old said:
Good call Craig Cameron.

Nearing your 50,000th post. Now that's amazing.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Punxatawny Phil another.

Yeah very quiet ATM, a quick glance shows around half as many posts happening as 12 mths ago. Probably a combination of - good posters gone, Tigers getting it right on-field and Leysy not being able to wind Disco08 up anymore.

No more Patsy posts = saving space.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
10 years tomorrow for me. I found PRE from a Hun article.

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005
Baloo said:
Jb03 is an odd one. Stopped making posts earlier last year but continued to register votes in the PRE
player of the year poll.

Reckon jb03 got bored once Redford left as he had no one to wind up

Man they had some funny back and fourths

I think Redford even told me it was time to change my name once :hihi
TBH I prolly should

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
11 years for me next month. I read a lot, post crap every now and then and will be happy to crack a 1000 posts some time in the next year or so.

I reckon I met Hartbalme and Smasha back in the DF Telstra Dump days whilst donning our PRE caps and windcheaters. There was also some other dude which I cannot recall that eventually got banned on PRE for inappropriate posting.

For me Claw was always good value with those Melbourne trolls Diggler and Laff long gone in their joyous baiting of us tortured souls. They have deserved the MFC crap this last few years!

I also recall a diehard Tiger from Adelaide, Shawry posting heaps back then with his informed but dyslexic style. You still there Shawry?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Who has the poster, female, who had a different animated gif each week for her avatar depending on who we played. I used to look forward to them every week.