Where are they now?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are they now??

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Leysy Days said:
Punxatawny Phil another.

Yeah very quiet ATM, a quick glance shows around half as many posts happening as 12 mths ago. Probably a combination of - good posters gone, Tigers getting it right on-field and Leysy not being able to wind Disco08 up anymore.

That's actually really interesting Daisy.

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?action=stats

Stats wise PRE really peaked in 2007. Amazing number of posts/posters back then. Many of them quality.

Baloo said:
Who has the poster, female, who had a different animated gif each week for her avatar depending on who we played. I used to look forward to them every week.

TiggyTam?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
CC TIGER said:
Sharing a liquid refreshment with Tooheys at the Wang game, we mentioned a few of the old Punt roaders an it got me thinking of some of the quality posters who have gone from the forum world....names like Geofferyprettboy, Capatainmadcow, TigerBob, Missing33, Redford, Struggletown3121, Dyer disciple , Claw, Disco08, Jayfox an I'm sure there's many others, most of those were good footy brains who made this forum bloody good.....an then there was others like cut an paste Craig....where are they now I ask ??

Tigers of Old said:
Good call Craig Cameron.

Questioning where is Missing33 is interesting. Am I mistaken believing you are friends and have met up quite regularly over the years?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
rosy23 said:
Questioning where is Missing33 is interesting. Am I mistaken believing you are friends and have met up quite regularly over the years?

Can't speak for others but I have met M33 once or twice at c80 functions. Wouldn't call us 'friends' as such but seems a nice enough guy.
Have met many PRenders over the years.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
scottyturnerscurse said:
Nearing your 50,000th post. Now that's amazing.

Not if you've spent the night on the turps with him watching the old Wallace Tigers get flogged by 120 pts by Footiscray at Gustiger's old house here in Chiangers.

I remember Krakouer alone was worth about 1000 posts that night ;D

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Not if you've spent the night on the turps with him watching the old Wallace Tigers get flogged by 120 pts by Footiscray at Gustiger's old house here in Chiangers.

I remember Krakouer alone was worth about 1000 posts that night ;D

One PREnder we really do miss CMT. A real friend.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
craig is another who has gone missing

I've been in touch with craigybabes a couple of times. Was concerned about him. Same with CaptainJohnno but I didn't get a reply when I emailed him. Hope he's ok.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
For me Claw was always good value with those Melbourne trolls Diggler and Laff long gone in their joyous baiting of us tortured souls. They have deserved the MFC crap this last few years!

That's interesting. Diggles and Laff cop harassment that's against the site guidelines but they post within the rules, they abide by moderator requests and they aren't abusive towards other posters. Not sure why people keep up with the Melbourne references. I look forward to their return. Hope they've been working on their material though. It's good to get an occasional laugh on here.

Tigertool said:
GeoffreyPrettyBoy too

Hasn't been as missing as some might think.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Tigers of Old said:
Can't speak for others but I have met M33 once or twice at c80 functions. Wouldn't call us 'friends' as such but seems a nice enough guy.
Have met many PRenders over the years.

I know Newman and Geordie Tiger from here.
Both nice blokes.

Will see you both again this year at a game I'm sure.

I bumped into struggletown one game but that was years ago.

A bloke who used to be on here and i have made friends with is MadTiger.
Loves his prog rock and his Tigers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
I've been in touch with craigybabes a couple of times. Was concerned about him. Same with CaptainJohnno but I didn't get a reply when I emailed him. Hope he's ok.

glad to hear craig is ok. I think he was going to head to the US at some stage. Might explain his hiatus. That or his dislike of Houli was greater than I thought :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
CC TIGER said:
.... most of those were good footy brains who made this forum bloody good.....an then there was others like cut an paste Craig....where are they now I ask ??

Tigers of Old said:
Fortunately a few good ones have come along in their absence but PRE was fantastic back in it's heyday.
Faces a bit more competition from the likes of Twitter and FB with the younger generation too.

I reckon this is still a very good forum and those who contribute on here are being sold a bit short imo. They mightn't be part of any cliquey in-group and they mightn't pump their own tyres and make a lot of noise but their input is appreciated by many.

I don't see Facebook and Twitville as any competition to PRE. People can use whichever kind of format they want to. I notice there's a lot less abuse on the forum these days so maybe those sites do us a favour. There are plenty who really enjoy PRE still...there are others here who probably don't enjoy it as much...there are no walls holding them in though. I'd rather spend time with a dozen posters who abide by the site rules and discuss opinions civilly than a thousand fools inflating figures.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
Disco08's self imposed exile is the saddest I reckon. For something non football related.

I still think an amnesty isn't a bad idea. The ferals might be less fetal now that we're finally regular finalists.

Agree about Disco. He was the person I thought would be good to take over the reigns on PRE. I'll be forever grateful for the time and effort he put into this site. A massive effort.

Don't agree an amnesty is the best idea. It's an easy call to make if you don't help with the moderating and probably wouldn't be affected by any carnage and abuse. There have been some absolute some real cyber bullies and abusers on here over the years.

This is an example from one person on CC's opening list.

I have met dozens of people from PRE and only one of them ever had something nice to say about you and your moderating.
The rest enjoy the site because of the regular posters, but dislike or hate you and the way you conduct yourself.You would be easily the most hated mod on any sporting site Ive read, and im involved in dozens of them.
Do you ever wonder why?
Don't go fooling yourself that because the sites popular among a group of fans that is a reflection on yourself.As aforementioned of 30 odd people Ive met they detest your methods, and the emails I got would make your head spin.Its a bit like loving the country you live in,but hate its prime minister....especially the worst most loathsome one that you can't vote out!

It's a fair spray but far from the worst I've copped. The mind boggles at the thought of him discussing hatred of me, someone he doesn't even know, with 30 odd people. Obsessed much? :hihi

He also made me aware he knew my address and that he was with a couple of people when they made an anonymous phone call to harass me. The police were involved due to threats I was receiving at the time. He told me he'd never pass my address on to the bullies..."...unless...". He also posted very ordinary comments on a website that was set up to harass and ridicule myself, other posters here and this website in general. That's just one example of the kind of behaviour I wouldn't really want welcomed back.

An amnesty wouldn't make much difference to a lot of posters, even many mentioned on this thread.

Some have left of their own volition. Some have changed usernames. Some had dual identities. One even had an accout as a female and one as a male. Amusing to watch certain people responded differently to both. Never knew if the roosters were preening their feathers for a ladyboy...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some read but don't post. Some have passed away. Some didn't like the abuse and moved on. Some changed priorities. Some thought there was too much bullying. Some got bored. Some refused to abide by mod requests and ignored warnings.

Those who've been blocked made a fair effort to get in that situation. The rules are the same for all of us but some think they're above them and not only refuse to abide by them they go out of the way to breach them. The majority of posters on this forum don't have any issues. They are simple rules.

If people think they, unlike us mere mortals, are above the rules and refuse to abide by moderators requests then they virtually choose their own fate.

I think there was a bit of mischief in starting this thread considering many of those mentioned have been discussed in the past. It's been interesting reading just the same. :)

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Baloo said:
Disco08's self imposed exile is the saddest I reckon. For something non football related.

Did Disco08 shoot through over 911?

Djevv's hunkered in a bit of a bunker over at christianity. maybe we should send a support team? Kind of a PRE acute care crew for Posters-at-Risk

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Its a bit like loving the country you live in,but hate its prime minister....especially the worst most loathsome one that you can't vote out!

P.S. No I won't change my username to Abbott23 :rofl