Who are our well known/celebrity supporters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

MG

Tiger Rookie
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
I seem to recall Jerry Lewis pledged his allegiance out at waverley one night. I can't remember if it was a preseason game or not. I just remember it was cold ouside, he is in his 70's and he was wearing a terrible pair of shorts. Think Sam Newman in another 10 years.

Some other celebrities get presented with jumpers too, but not sure whether we would call them supporters. Andrew Johns, Colin Jackson, Nature Boy Ric `Wooooooooooooooooooo' Flair.........

MG

Tiger Rookie
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
We haven't come up with much of a list. :-\

I'm sure there is an old similar thread that might have a few more names, but based on this one, i agree. Scraping the barrel a little. ::)

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
it's a bid depressing really.

but bugger them celebs, it's us that it's all about.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
it's a bid depressing really.

but bugger them celebs, it's us that it's all about.

Rumour is Paris Hilton likes Richmond. A guy she was with was watching a game on ESPN, and she asked who that was. He said Richmond, and that we suck because we are always on her knees. She responded "wow, thats hot!".

chislop

I AM a llama!
Nov 11, 2003
Tiger74 said:
Rumour is Paris Hilton likes Richmond. A guy she was with was watching a game on ESPN, and she asked who that was. He said Richmond, and that we suck because we are always on her knees. She responded "wow, thats hot!".

I'm struggling to picture what you have written T74....perhaps you mean that Richmond sucks because we're always on our knees? I wasn't aware the team spent time with Paris' knees but hey, what do I know. ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Nico said:
I read an interview where he said he was a Saints fan, but had a soft spot for the Tiges due to his mate Richo

That's interesting. Followed him to the footy once (well he was walking in front of me, my dad and one of my sisters (both who have PRE accounts as does my other sister) and he was looking very cool in all denim complete with Tiger scarf.
Later that night I went to a gig at the corner and he wore the Tigers scarf on stage and seemed to only say good things about his support for the Tiges. But yeah, his friendship with Richo would explain that.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Boyanich said:
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II,

ever since she saw us against the now defunct Fitzroy at the MCG.

The Roys have gone, the G as it was has gone, the Queen is just about gone and we are just hanging on!

cooltiger

Tiger Superstar
Sep 4, 2003
There is that actor who is on City Homicide David Richardson ? Have seen him at the footy a few times with he's Tigers scarf .

cooltiger

Tiger Superstar
Sep 4, 2003
mm just asked someone who likes the show ..err the guys name is Damien Richardson . He is on City Homiside also used to do the Melbourne adds.

Stuart

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Six Pack said:
We haven't come up with much of a list. :-\

Thats because Australia has very few worthy celebrities & RFC plays a domestic sport.
AFL clubs can present as many visiting celebrities with a jumper but it hardly makes them a supporter.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Boyanich said:
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II,

ever since she saw us against the now defunct Fitzroy at the MCG.
I'd be surprised if she didn't come away following the Roys, they won the game and the lion was their emblem.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Soulmanpete said:
mm just asked someone who likes the show ..err the guys name is Damien Richardson . He is on City Homiside also used to do the Melbourne adds.

A-Grade soulman, real A-Grade!

Ms Tantie

Ooh! Ooh! Kick it to me! Kick it to me!
Aug 24, 2004
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
why do we care which celebrities follow us?

Association with fame basically equates to any extra promotion being a good thing - this is why Eddie blows smoke up pretty much anybody vaguely celebrity-ish who breezes through town.

I still can't work out why Tim and Susan bought it, but anyway.

It's been happening for years though - I recall Frida of ABBA wearing a Carlscum guernsey when they toured Australia - it's even in ABAB the Movie. And she was my favourite, too. :(

Ms Tantie.
xox

Feb 25, 2007
Ms Tantie said:
I recall Frida of ABBA wearing a Carlscum guernsey when they toured Australia

yep, and i bet if u asked her how's carlton going these days she would give u a look of "what the"