Who are our well known/celebrity supporters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

Ms Tantie

Ooh! Ooh! Kick it to me! Kick it to me!
Aug 24, 2004
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
yep, and i bet if u asked her how's carlton going these days she would give u a look of "what the"

Absolutely (ABBAsolutely? ;)) - but I bet it had influence at the time...

Ms Tantie.
xox

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
why would that be a disgrace, if he had a business to promote his brand then sure but why would Russell Crowe the actor just pour millions into the club.

Im not sure what ur trying to put across TE, invest money into the club in what way should he do that?

If you support the club then you ant to see them win a premiership, right?

We support it by buying a membership because we earn only so much money.

A few hundred dollars to us is like a million or few to him, I would guess??

Feb 25, 2007
TIGEREXTRA said:

again ur going in riddles, u mention he should invest money into the club i stated he doesnt have a business to promote he's an actor and i continue by saying to you in what way should he do that "invest money into the club" now ur talking about supporting the club and winning a premiership, i know what ur trying to convey but it doesn't answer my question in how u would like russell crowe to invest money into the club, by the wording in ur posts im guessing a few million bucks?.

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
again ur going in riddles, u mention he should invest money into the club i stated he doesnt have a business to promote he's an actor and i continue by saying to you in what way should he do that "invest money into the club" now ur talking about supporting the club and winning a premiership, i know what ur trying to convey but it doesn't answer my question in how u would like russell crowe to invest money into the club, by the wording in ur posts im guessing a few million bucks?.

You see what point I am making dont you. I dont mean invest in the club for financial return for him, I mean invest for return of satisfaction of seeing your club win the premiership.

I have seen the footage of him watching a game sitting in the outer watching his beloved rabbitahs, I just wonder if he feels the same way about the tigers.

Thats all, there is no need to get super specific in disecting my posts. I often talk in assumptions and personal opinions. ;D

Feb 25, 2007
TIGEREXTRA said:
You see what point I am making dont you. I dont mean invest in the club for financial return for him, I mean invest for return of satisfaction of seeing your club win the premiership.

I have seen the footage of him watching a game sitting in the outer watching his beloved rabbitahs, I just wonder if he feels the same way about the tigers.

Thats all, there is no need to get super specific in disecting my posts. I often talk in assumptions and personal opinions. ;D

no probs TE i understand what u mean now i just thought u meant invest in the club as a financial backer hence why i asked the Q in what way would u like him to do that.

Im guessing on the rabbitohs as he is the co -owner he needs to be there when he can to support his club. On the Tiges like i said he does support them on what level i cant answer.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Don't know if he's still alive but Sir Dallas Brooks was the No.1 Membership Ticket holder when he was Governor of Victoria.

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
Has anyone mentioned that former World Champ boxer who has recently been in trouble with the law? (I can't recall his name right now, but he was definitely a Tiger fan).

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
David C said:
Has anyone mentioned that former World Champ boxer who has recently been in trouble with the law? (I can't recall his name right now, but he was definitely a Tiger fan).
Can you narrow it down a bit David(e.g. an Aussie or foreigner)?

Lester Ellis
Jeff Fenech
Mike Tyson
George Foreman

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
TIGEREXTRA said:

Russell Crowe might name us as his club he supports in the AFL,

My bet is , he very rarely watches a game,

HE is pretty passionate and busy with the Bunnies.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
kiwitiger said:
Russell Crowe might name us as his club he supports in the AFL,

My bet is , he very rarely watches a game,

HE is pretty passionate and busy with the Bunnies.
Yes he flew some of his mates down in 2001 to watch us in the finals. Bandwagoner

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
happytige said:
From 774, Geoff Richardson (Coodabeens) and Derek Guille (6 Pack, I usually agree with you, but Derek is NOT boring & sticks to the Tigers no matter what.)

I love listening to both Jeff and Derek and am proud to hear them fly the Tiger flag, particularly Jeff when his off-siders often have plenty of ammo to hang on him. One of these days the last laugh will be ours. :eek: (I hope) :hihi

Rob Slade of Slade Bloodstock. What a thrill to see his champion filly Alinghi fly around the track in the yellow and black colours

team.jpg

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
rosy23 said:
Rob Slade of Slade Bloodstock. What a thrill to see his champion filly Alinghi fly around the track in the yellow and black colours
How did she go Rosy, just wondering, going by the "happy" faces in the background
Maybe we could syndicate a horse from him ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Would love to syndicate a horse willo.

I was checking them out here this morning. I'd love to be involved with the Bel Esprit / Dance The Music colt or the General Nediym / Ballet Score Filly. Then again maybe one out of Yellow and Black is the way to go.

Alinghi has just had her first foal, a beautiful bay filly by Hussonet (USA).

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Read in yesterdays hun, James Packer no longer Oz' richest man.(worth only $7.25b)
Andrew Forrest of Fortescue Metals Group is. (worth $9b)
I reckon the club should sent Mr Forrest (and his kids) a signed jumper and some other goodies, may help sway them to Tigerland ;)

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Six Pack said:
He'd be a West coast or Freo man, wouldnt he?
he`d have to be a carlton supporter for sure.
he`s currently being questioned by the Australian Securities Exchange about why his share stake in Fortescue rose by $2.3 billion in one day.
they think he isn`t telling them the truth and is withholding information from the market.
very carltonesque.