Who do we select for our last list spot ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do we select for our last list spot ?

Who do we pick up for our last list spot ?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Liam Stocker

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Player out of left field

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • keep a spot for the mid season draft

Votes: 33 16.1%

• Total voters

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Correct

Sydney has 2 selections in the rookie draft and chose not to select Bradtke with an ageing Buddy and an almost finished Reid
I would 100% be offering Bradtke a spot on our VFL list and have a good look at him for a year and put development into him and if he is good enough the 2023 draft / rookie draft would be the appropriate place to select him.

Luke Teal looks like a player that was rated highly thats had injuries at the worst possible time for a draftee and from what i have read (have not seen any junior football last year and very little in 2021 he would have been selected much higher had he been fit and played uninterrupted.
Luke Teals story has a bit of Dylan Grimes about it.

Reactions: 4 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
With youth on his side, and potential upside due to some bad luck to date, I'd go with Teal for the last rookie spot.

Let Bradtke and Narkle play with our VFL team. Assuming Narkle plays above the level, the Bombers will take him in the mid season draft. We can then take Bradtke if he shows enough promising signs.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
With youth on his side, and potential upside due to some bad luck to date, I'd go with Teal for the last rookie spot.

Let Bradtke and Narkle play with our VFL team. Assuming Narkle plays above the level, the Bombers will take him in the mid season draft. We can then take Bradtke if he shows enough promising signs.

I don't think I saw Teal at training yesterday? so it may be down to Bradtke, Narkle or no-one?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I thought Bradke would get it when the names first came out last year but if reports of Narkle's improved fitness are accurate then he is a shoo-in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
I think Narkle will be given the spot.
I agree. If we are fair dinkum about a crack at the premiership this year then Narkle is the only one of the three training with us that offers something.

I am encouraged by the news of him trimming down, sounds like he is willing to have a real crack.

If on the list I can definitely see him playing games if the injury gods strike. A good cheap backup option.

Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The first question I would ask is Narkle now 75 kg as his previous playiong weight was 83 kg or had he put some weight on and shed the extra weight and then some more to maybe get to 80 kg?

It would have been good to see if his improvement was significant by running him against the midfeilders.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Happy to be surprised but Narkle would be a waste of a list spot in my opinion.
Still if it got Shai to sign the 5 yr deal then it's probably worth it.
Yeah, it just has that "will last a season or 2 for a dozen or so games" feel about it

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The first question I would ask is Narkle now 75 kg as his previous playiong weight was 83 kg or had he put some weight on and shed the extra weight and then some more to maybe get to 80 kg?

It would have been good to see if his improvement was significant by running him against the midfeilders.
He was listed as 82kgs as a geelong player in 2022

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
We don’t need another small imo. We need another developing tall forward more.

Reactions: 1 users