Who do you like beating the most NOWDAYS ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do you like beating the most NOWDAYS ?

Who is the modern day rival for you

• Pies

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cats

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bombers

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Dee's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port

• Crows

• Other

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Melb are coming with a bullet up the charts with their ‘mouthy types’.

But for me it’s the Cats. They have taken over from the Vic clubs.

Reactions: 1 user
Always have a soft spot for giving Carlscum, Colonwood n Essendrugs an old fashioned footy touch up. But there's a special place in footy hell reserved just for the mangy moggies.
Simply way to many years of floggings led by the Gary Scabletts that still haven't been completely erased by our slapping the Moggies on the way to our last three flags.
Bastards still occupy a tiny little corner of unrelenting disgust n dislike somewhere in the back of my head which gets exacerbated every time those slime balls take out another one of our players. Not much feels better footy wise than taking them down in a final.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s a really hard decision. Right now it’s the cats. For all the reasons described by others. But I just love beating the entitled bombers on dreamtime. Then I remember the joy of watching Nathan Brown kick 4 in the last to drag us over the line against the Pies on my 30th. Beating the blues in rd 1 always special - although my fav memory is knocking them off by nearly 100 in a return encounter later one year. My ex is a pie supporter and I remember animated discussions about who was of greater value - Sheds or Sidebottom - I always love beating the filth. Then I think of the floggings we’ve received from North and there can never be enough revenge. Likewise the dogs and the saints. I travelled to Adelaide to watch us lose the elimination final and it still burns, despite the 2020 redemption against port. Who to pick? I voted the cats but agree with others - I’m influenced by Scott, Selwood, Dangerfield, Cameron and Hawkins once they’re gone I won’t waste any more energy on the moggies

if we had to play interstate who does everyone prefer we play?

Freo or Brisbane?

The hatred of Collingwood back in the 70s was visceral, you could feel it in your blood, you could feel it in your bones. It wasn't the players, the coach or whatever, it was the club. This has faded, they're just not the bogeymen of yesteryear any more. Collingwood like to think they are the most hated, the biggest club etc and once upon a time they were. But they are just not the Collingwood of old - no Victoria Park, the Social Club where umpires would just pay a free to Collingwood because they wanted to live to see another day, the insanity of the people running the place, it was a circus, a scary circus. Now, meh, Collingwood? Yeah, their home base is in Richmond and they are just not the ferals they were.

Carlton I never hated as much. Not sure why but always had more time for some of their players. Jesaulenko (the real and only Jezza), Southby and some others, they were great players and good to watch.

Geelong? When I grew up, Geelong were useless, no threat, nobody cared. Country club in a city comp. I have never hated the club. They are well run, the people who run the place don't come across as d!ckheads. What does it for me is the personnel now: Salty, fake Jezza, Sh!thead, Fwit, Ponce etc (I can't say who's who, choose for yourself). I was happy for Geelong when they smacked Port in the GF and finally won a flag. The club is fine, the arseholes they have as coach and star players in this era just sh!t me.

So, Geelong for me, but I know they will go back to being mediocre, its what they do, its what they have done for 150 years.

DS

Reactions: 6 users
Rivals are born through final wins and defeats - that’s where a loss burns the most.

Thats why I chose the cats - they expected to beat us in 2017 and we put them in their box and have kept them there - we definitely stopped them winning 1 flag and making 1 other grand final and most likely a flag win over the Giants.

But what would I give this year to pay back those pies for stopping a possible 4 peat - we may get our chance.

Reactions: 2 users
Collingwood like to think they are the most hated, the biggest club etc and once upon a time they were. But they are just not the Collingwood of old - no Victoria Park, the Social Club where umpires would just pay a free to Collingwood because they wanted to live to see another day, the insanity of the people running the place, it was a circus, a scary circus. Now, meh, Collingwood?
Got a freebie with a Colonwood B.I.L. to a game at Vic Park many years ago. Clokey's first game back against the Pies n we jumped them early. Was standing just in front of their members stand on the wing n as we were fairly *smile* at the time, I launched a bit early with some well intentioned noisy *smile* stirring. For some strange reason the whole area around n especially behind me went deathly silent. Frightened the *smile* out of me n shut me up big time, just me in my Tigers hat surrounded by many many pissed off Colonwoods.

• Wow
  • Haha
Got a freebie with a Colonwood B.I.L. to a game at Vic Park many years ago. Clokey's first game back against the Pies n we jumped them early. Was standing just in front of their members stand on the wing n as we were fairly *smile* at the time, I launched a bit early with some well intentioned noisy *smile* stirring. For some strange reason the whole area around n especially behind me went deathly silent. Frightened the *smile* out of me n shut me up big time, just me in my Tigers hat surrounded by many many pissed off Colonwoods.
Lucky you carry that big stick TM.