Who do you like beating the most NOWDAYS ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do you like beating the most NOWDAYS ?

Who is the modern day rival for you

• Pies

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cats

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bombers

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Dee's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port

• Crows

• Other

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
It's changed for me over the years.

Years ago i couldn't split who I enjoyed beating the most (probably more who I hated losing to) between Blues and the Pies.

Then it was the Bombers, then Norf, and now it's the Scats.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a freebie with a Colonwood B.I.L. to a game at Vic Park many years ago. Clokey's first game back against the Pies n we jumped them early. Was standing just in front of their members stand on the wing n as we were fairly *smile* at the time, I launched a bit early with some well intentioned noisy *smile* stirring. For some strange reason the whole area around n especially behind me went deathly silent. Frightened the *smile* out of me n shut me up big time, just me in my Tigers hat surrounded by many many pissed off Colonwoods.
I remember standing alone in Vic Park's equivalent of the Moorabbin's animal enclosure and I had the temerity to say "Go Tiges" after a rare goal. A few had a crack at me, and I could feel the crowd tightening around me. Decided to make an exit at the next break.

There are teams that will peak and trough through the years. When we were *smile* a few years ago, nothing would excite me more than beating Melbourne and #lolNorf, our fellow basket case cellar dwellers. Now it's Geelong for many of the reasons stated above. It's normally a team(s) that are around our level but there has been some friction either between the fans or the clubs themselves, in the Cats case, Scott and Dangerfield evoke hatred.

But through it all, beating Carlton has a special place in my heart. Collingwood come a close second. It doesn't matter if we're on top of the ladder and they are wooden spooners, beating them just feels good and right.

Reactions: 2 users
While Salty Scott/Duckwood & Dangerflog are still at the Cats its Geelong all the way.
Once they all have left.Normal programming will resume and drop down to 3rd behind Carl & Coll.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a freebie with a Colonwood B.I.L. to a game at Vic Park many years ago. Clokey's first game back against the Pies n we jumped them early. Was standing just in front of their members stand on the wing n as we were fairly *smile* at the time, I launched a bit early with some well intentioned noisy *smile* stirring. For some strange reason the whole area around n especially behind me went deathly silent. Frightened the *smile* out of me n shut me up big time, just me in my Tigers hat surrounded by many many pissed off Colonwoods.

Aah, Vic Park, was always a pleasure going there. What a place, we did lose something when we lost those old suburban grounds, but I don't miss dealing with the Collingwood fans at that hell hole.

Too young to have seen Richmond at Punt Rd but I suspect it wasn't the nicest place for opposition supporters.

DS

It's not so much the cats but more so Scott, Hawkins Selwood Dangerfield Cameron and some others. Didn't mind them much under bomber Thompson.

Reactions: 1 user