Who should be our new recruitment manager? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who should be our new recruitment manager?

Won't matter who we get our development coaches are poor

Morris lonergan lambert

Compared to other clubs saints kids get to learn under damien carrol and Lenny hayes

I have no doubt all the kids on our list can play but poor coaching destroys careers

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have access to the full article on Toce being the frontrunner that can share here please?

A good place to start would be anyone who didn't rate Paddy Naish, Corey Ellis, Dow, Martyn, Nyuon,, Banks, RCD, English, Turner, and Ralphsmith :))

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
A good place to start would be anyone who didn't rate Paddy Naish, Corey Ellis, Dow, Martyn, Nyuon,, Banks, RCD, English, Turner, and Ralphsmith :))
Thrive Walking Stick GIF by INTO ACTION

This bloke was going in for his interview today. Odds on favourite atm

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Coleman Jones before Oscar Allen & the Viking
Coleman Jones before Sam Taylor
Higgins before Brett Daniels

• Sad
A kid from Eastern Ranges
Smilliy. Ball winning midfielder.Screenshot_20240325_205718_Messenger.jpg

What about Shane Edwards ?

Wasn’t he in the rooms at the draft a couple of years whist playing ?

From the Age article

Toce is considered the frontrunner to be Richmond’s new national recruiting manager after Matt Clarke won West Coast’s list manager job. Port Adelaide’s Anthony Parkin and Collingwood’s Adam Shepard are also in contention.

Sydney were also keen on Toce as part of their recruiting reshuffle before hiring John Giramondo from the Giants, while he could land at Fremantle if he does not get the Tigers’ job, sources told this masthead.

Give me a bloke who convinced Ross Lyon this was the way to go.

Give me a bloke Jarryd Roughead rated extremely highly and wanted to learn from.

Give me a bloke who played a huge role in turning a mundane vanilla list into one of the most exciting in the game.

Give me a bloke who we can say "do what you did at St Kilda here but how do we do it better and faster?"

Hopefully signing today.
Wow, high praise ( and I mean that.)

The Age reported on the curious story of ex-Saints recruiting boss Chris Toce, who helped spearhead the club’s excellent recent drafts which have added much-needed young talent to an otherwise stale list.

Toce was the head of recruiting for the 2021 selections of Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager, plus promising recent pick-ups Mattaes Phillipou, Darcy Wilson and Lance Collard.

He was also the scout for South Australia and West Australia when the Saints plucked Callum Wilkie out of the SANFL.

But despite this success Toce was sacked in December, replaced by former Sydney recruiter Simon Dalprymple - who has had a friendly relationship with Stephen Silvagni for many years.

The move came after former list manager James Gallagher was dumped when Lyon returned as coach, with Silvagni taking his job.

It speaks to the power Lyon and friends have over the club in its current incarnation.

Hawks champion Roughead, who worked under Toce at Moorabbin, “quit his list management role at St Kilda at least in part over Toce’s treatment before accepting a similar role with his former club Hawthorn”, according to the report.

Another group of part-time recruiters were dumped over email in the same period, including a former Carlton national recruiting manager.

Silvagni left the Blues in late 2019 following a fallout with club higher-ups.

Toce is now reportedly the frontrunner to be named Richmond’s next national recruiting manager, replacing new West Coast list manager Matt Clarke.

Why are they all calling themselves mastheads these days? Can’t they just cut the crap and go straight to meatheads or these meatheads when referring to themselves?

• Haha