Who will rue this more | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will rue this more

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
RICHMOND HAVE THE LARGEST CASH RESERVES,BIGGEST MEMBERSHIP,BIGGEST TURNOVER, even cutting 10-20 million a year of our turnover still leaves tigers at number 1 turnover ,even if best other clubs were not effected, we have stockpiled 1 to early 2nd round picks the last 3 years like a club in rebuild mode( 2 premierships coming our way is amazing), remember we also have a 800,000 dollar player not getting paid much,TIGERS ARE IN A AMAZING POSITION TO RAM HOME ADVANTAGES, NO DEBT,DEEP LIST,YOUNG TALENT,BIGGEST MEMBERSHIP,CASH RESERVES OF 24 MILLION,BIGGEST TURNOVER, ALL CLUBS INCLUDING COLLINGWOOD WOULD SWAP TO BE US.
Reckon West Coast have us covered $$ wise

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Can't really comment on the other teams, but feel personally it is a huge missed opportunity for the tigers and the potential to legitimately claim a dynasty alongside the great hawks/cats/lions teams.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers.... peak of powers, potential dynasty
Eagles... constantly good but aging
Pies.... bloody close for last 2 years
Cats.... rolled the dice all in for this year

who will rue this modified, missed year the most?
Discuss.....

cats no chance. the replace them with the giants.

of the 4 (assuming the giants replace the cats), the biggest losers are Collingwood. Pendles, Sidebottom and co aren't getting any younger.

as for us, this could be a lost flag, but I am confident our window will remain open for another 2-3 years. and we are much better placed than Geelong in terms of sustaining our place on the ladder with some very good kids coming though.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
All have solid claims and u never quite know until the business end and what kinda shape you’re in. Yea I’m pissed but as much coz I can’t follow the footy ea weekend than anything else , contending is secondary

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Geelong = contenders only in their own minds. Not truly in the window.

West Coast = in the window, but certain key players are either aging (Kennedy) or hard to rely on (Naitanui).

Collingwood = in the window, but no key forward means they are behind at least us and GWS.

GWS = right smack bang in the window.

Richmond = right smack bang in the window.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Clearly us because we are the most likely side to win the premiership this year.

Imagine how we would have felt in 2016 if we were white hot flag favourites and the season was cancelled.

my thoughts exactly.

we have the most to lose, because the premiership was ours to lose. Literally, on form, with the bookies, with the intelligent tipsters. anyway you look at it, we were highly likely to win the 2020 premiership.

so its a complete *smile*.

but yeah, it could've been worse, there could have been an earthquake at 3/4 time on Sept 30 2017 that destroyed the MCG.

so,

we move on, and worry about the things that we can control.

which isnt very much.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Collingwood.

last effective year for Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

the team will fall away as these guys fade.

that group will rue missed chances. They should’ve beaten WC in 2018 and should’ve at least been finalist last year.

with the mental edge of PF 2018, who knows what might’ve happened.

as it stands, we got 2 flags, they have zip.

The loss of this season hurts them most.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Collingwood.

last effective year for Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

the team will fall away as these guys fade.

that group will rue missed chances. They should’ve beaten WC in 2018 and should’ve at least been finalist last year.

with the mental edge of PF 2018, who knows what might’ve happened.

as it stands, we got 2 flags, they have zip.

The loss of this season hurts them most.

God I hope you're right Baron.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
The most to lose in order:

1. Richmond -- the good money was on another flag. The biggest shame is that surely would have quietened those who still question the legitimacy of our two recent flags.

2. GWS -- were next best placed for silverware. After the layoff, they could really struggle to regain the appetite for redemption that would have driven them to the next level.

3. Collingwood -- a relatively easy fixture meant they were in the mix. Champion Data ranked their fixture the 8th easiest and the way they stitched up the Bullies was impressive.

4. West Coast -- questions on next generation but current stars still in the right age bracket. Yeo, Gaff, Darling, Sheed, Kelly, McGovern and Shuey will keep them going although ageing Naitanui, Hurn, Kennedy, Redden and Sheppard a worry.

5. Geelong -- did they actually have much to lose in the first place? Nothing of any consequence changed for the Cats to believe they were in a better position this season compared with the previous few.

6. St Kilda -- good new coach, decent list and a missed chance for new players to gel. Reckon the Saints could have made the eight but the hiatus will stall their development for 12 months.

The least to lose in order:

1. Gold Coast -- with the right programmes, a chance for their highly rated kids to get bigger and stronger and more able to withstand a full season of playing against the hardened clubs.

2. Carlton -- were missing good players (McKay, Curnow, Betts, Marchbank and now Kreuzer) for a large chunk of time. Get them right and they'll be much better placed in 2021 than they were in 2020.

3. Essendon -- similar to Blues, Daniher's ongoing struggles won't hurt them as much with no footy this year. Also were likely to be without Heppell for a long stretch.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Yeah, I left gws out as I think their window is just opening.
I think this lost year will set Geelong back the most.... they went full now or never mode, with Collingwood a close second
Even as a supporter Richmond is an enigma.... list stills looks good for at least 2 more years.... but genuine back to back might be lost.
I don’t know how we will react to a short season if it does eventuate