Who would you choose to coach Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who would you choose to coach Richmond

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
sheedy if he was available gary o donnell if we couldnt get an experieced coach he's in his fifth year as an assistant coach and has learnt under both sheedy & mathews the two outstanding coaches in the last 13 yrs

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I for one think that Malthouse is a great coach. Personally I think the playing list at Collingwood apart from Buckley is very ordinary and look what he's done with them, taken them to a grand final and looks like finals for them this year also. This is a guy who not only has discipline and football brains but also has a real passion for the game. He's an ex Tiger that I would love to see back at Tigerland.

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Terry Wallace - Replace Frawley - 4 years & they still say to give him time. The club has gone backwards in the 4 years due to recycling players for his short term vision. Give Wallace 5 years for "stability". At least we would then know it is not the coach. Tom Hafey is quoted as saying privately - how can a player from the worst performing club & then assistant caoch to the wooden spooners know anything about WINNING. But alas we will await until next year when their are no experienced coaches available & end up with another dud. We seem to forget that is how we got Frawley in the place!!

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Not entirely true Tiger, I think 8 current coaches come out of contract at the end of next year, including Sheedy and Matthews. The only one to come out of contract this year is Schwab. Sure Wallace and Eade are there now, but the field of prospective applicants might actually open up a bit next year.
If Wallace were to get the gig, so be it, but I'd prefer others. His style is more suited to the Melbourne list IMO — wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up there.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
I reckon we should go for sooky-la-la Kevin Bartlett. Now that would be ironic wouldn't it. I still think he has unfinished business there and would make an excellent coach = NOT!

Either Malthouse or Sheedy are the go, forget Wallace/Eade. We need a Richmond person who has tasted sucess, even Lambert.

Otherwise, get Johnny Bravo from Cartoon Network....